The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:37:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My observation of the 2011 Heavy Metal Rally.  (Read 12499 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »

I am sure Bill's is in real gold leaf, but a few years ago I got one too.
Proudest moment of being an AMer, recognition by the ARRL !!!
Glory be !!!

How do you order one of them? I'm jealous, I never got one Cry Cry Cry Cry

I did get an OO report with my Westinghouse on 40 meters. It wasn't fancy as your certificate Undecided Undecided All because I was heard on the dark side of the moon Shocked Shocked

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »

In VJB's list:
W1GUD
Wasn't Warren running his Beasty 610I? I seem to remember a hookup of 610I to 610I sometime that night.

Echo....echo......echo.......

It was cool hearing you working Warren/GUD, 610I to 610I.

You guys need to get off your cell phones while you're on 'fone. No texting while you're typing, either.  Grin

Gary,
         Next time, don't forget to work the Glenfiddich also. Think I'll do that myself right now!

Glen Sr. (33 yrs old now) has been a regular attendee at such events as Shelby and NEAR-Fest along with the HMR and AMTR. Rumor has it he'll be attending Frostfest in a few weeks. His visit to the command trailer at NEAR-Fest was enjoyed by many.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »

My friend Henry KB7OCY may have been the RCA. His pic w/ the rig is in FEB 2012 ER, page 48. I sold him that rig the summer  before last. It was gotten rid of by the BC station because several engineers had not been able to fix it. Henry found, as they did, the trouble to be a dynamic short in the HV plate voltage circuit. I doubt anyone will get in trouble if I reveal the fix now, because the rig was so old and they really wanted a new one.. drum roll..... carbon tracking in the dirt under the rectifier sockets. from the filament pins, around the ceramic, up the insulator to chassis ground.

The rig had sat in my storage building for 2 years after I got it because there was no electricity there for me to even try working on it. I figured, OK, I'd sell it to Henry, because he is interested in AM and he can fix whatever is wrong with it. You can also see his singing Tesla coils on youtube. Big ones.

He restored it to like new. I have seen pics of that restoration. Every last thing was taken apart and cleaned, this includes the gear drives, and the pins in the shafts of the gears, everything meticulously done. Some items were re-machined or new parts made.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015