The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:39:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mic Wiring question  (Read 2137 times)
KD5TXX

« on: January 28, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »

OK, I admit, it should be easy....But I need help.  I have a HT37 that works fine but I need a mic to go with it.  I have a D104 TUG-7 that I am trying to wire up.  I can't figure out what wires to use however.  I have never used vox before so I am assuming when I hook it up right when I talk the thing will key correct?
N6YW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »

On the mic cable, how many conductors do you have? Process of elimination is key here.
Once you have  determined which wires make contact when the PTT switch is engaged, the rest is pretty straight forward. Hopefully, your D-104 is the un-amplified model.

"Life is too short for QRP"
KL7OF

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »

Take the bottom cover off the mic....you should be able to tell which wiires come from the mic head (audio) and which wires come from the switch (to key the rig)....There may be a ground wire common to mic and switch.....Good Luck...Steve
KD5TXX

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 09:32:12 PM »

It is a 4 wire.  Red white, black and what I suppose is ground...just loose wire.    It is an amplified mic.  Can I just pull the battery and use it?
KC4VWU

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 09:59:34 PM »

No. On the terminal strip in the bottom, run a short jumper wire from the green wire hooked to one of the end lugs to the white wire on the other end lug. White is the audio line, red = PTT, and bare wire (shield) to ground. If the 37 still has a single button mic connector, white to center and the shield soldered into the strain relief spring inside the connector shell.

73, Phil

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015