The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:17:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SP600 rec/send not work, need help  (Read 5696 times)
IK1LBL
« on: January 13, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »

Hallo everybody
I have here a SP600 where the rec/send don't work, not remove the voltage to V1 & V2...  when switch open with dmm i mesure around 300ohm  voltage mesured on the way.. at S4 seem to be hight ! over 300V and just few less whit S9 swithc off..
So where i can start to investigate ?
thank's
73s Mario
IK1LBL
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 09:16:23 AM »

Hallo everybody
I have here a SP600 where the rec/send don't work, not remove the voltage to V1 & V2...  when switch open with dmm i mesure around 300ohm  voltage mesured on the way.. at S4 seem to be hight ! over 300V and just few less whit S9 swithc off..
So where i can start to investigate ?
thank's
73s Mario

I have now found a MOD maybe from  previous owners....
V1 & V2 is direct feed from  POWER SUPPLY...  hard to  know why and hard to go back..  to much model, mine is a R274A...   

So... if i can't  go back on original wiring...   in T/R opetation  a relay do short the antenna at the receiver is ok or desensitize firs IF is mandatory ?

WA2IXP

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »

Mario,
    You really have to turn off B+ to the RF stages to get proper muting. Shorting the antenna won't do it.  You will still get too much signal and will hear your transmitter without turning gain down. You mentioned the switch measures 300 ohms across it. Also you said voltage was high. Maybe someone tapped HV before the second choke in the power supply. You are measuring the resistance of the second choke.  The original wiring may be ok, just something added which needs to be removed. Look for an added connection between L51 and L52. Also make sure nothing is connected to external mute terminals/plug. Are there any leads added to mute terminals inside the chassis?

Jay-
IK1LBL
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »

Ho Jay !
Yes, B+ is tabbed B4...   until this is easy to fix but first  the internal chassis is varnished, hard to  see the cable colours...  and second i have on my hand some different shematic.. Third  someone have cut and paste some wire...   
Mine have the E13 whit ten pin...   ther is a white and gray cable on the areo of the suppy that was cutted.. this one run on main wiring cable until to be near V18 where is cut again  just outside the main wiring cable..
One cable from the third section of C160 (the B+ cap) go to to pin 1 on E13 where is the C163 and this cable is obviusly out of place..
No leads added to mute terminals. seem to be unbodified..
So..  3 cable out of place.. if not more can  find later hi hi !!!

73s Mario

Mario,
    You really have to turn off B+ to the RF stages to get proper muting. Shorting the antenna won't do it.  You will still get too much signal and will hear your transmitter without turning gain down. You mentioned the switch measures 300 ohms across it. Also you said voltage was high. Maybe someone tapped HV before the second choke in the power supply. You are measuring the resistance of the second choke.  The original wiring may be ok, just something added which needs to be removed. Look for an added connection between L51 and L52. Also make sure nothing is connected to external mute terminals/plug. Are there any leads added to mute terminals inside the chassis?

Jay-
WA2IXP

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:24:52 AM »

mario,
    I see the e-13 terminal near the filter caps. This terminal board is mostly avc resistors. There is a choice here for avc voltage for direction finding and normal gain control. Shouldn't relate to your trouble.
    There are quite a few different schematics with changes in different areas of reciever. Most I've seen are the same in the power supply section. Many good articles on internet about this reciever and the various models. Bama manuals has a good manual. Which is where I got mine. sounds like your getting close good luck,

jay-
IK1LBL
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 12:11:22 PM »

Hi Jay ! i have many manual and schematic... what can help me better can be some detailed pics... 
The radio are recapped...  the black beauty only...  varnished chassis mask the wire color  but help to recognize where ther is a new soldering joint...
I add a pic where on red circle is a area where the famous unknow white grey wire is and is cutted, on blu circle ther is C128 on the bus of  negative bias for V11 6ba6 driver..  this cap is not connected...

On the oher pic
Green circle is the start of the cutted mysterious white gray whire is...
yellow circle is the wrong place where is the wire for the B+ of firs stage
red are a whire connected from third section of B+ cap to pin 1 of E13

i hope to be lucky !! thank's Jay

* P1060269.JPG (1379.03 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 533 times.)
IK1LBL
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »

second pic

* P1060270.JPG (1336.7 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 549 times.)
WA2IXP

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »

mario,
     That cap was probably bad and removed from circuit. Probably repaced with a smaller part somewhere near by????Shouldn't effect the muting. The other pix I can't make much of.

* IA3022.pdf (810 KB - downloaded 290 times.)
WA2IXP

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »

atttached a pix to last post.
IK1LBL
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 03:19:40 AM »

Thank's Jay  this one are different from mine.. i print and i study them.
i let you know !

Mario
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015