The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:51:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O scope help  (Read 14133 times)
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:20 PM »

Thanks for the schematic. I have two of these units in the closet both toast They are very different inside.  One of them I used for years and then one day smoked and blew its fuse. There was a device inside that blew apart. I could never figure out what it was. I think I can fix it now with the schematic.

C

very simple mod scope. Ther eis a mistake in the schemaic though as the grid of the CRT should go to the left  side of the brightness pot. Transformer is about 700VAC, only a few mA. The fil winding is insulated to 2500V.

The transistor circuit and iron core inductor can be ignored as this was intended to energize the inductor and magnetically pull the trace off the screen when no carrier is present. Its a little solenoid from a relay.
KC2ZFA

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »

here's another simple schematic from the South using a 5JP1:

KC2ZFA

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 11:50:22 AM »

bumping this to ask:

Is there any web info on the pictured monitor ? It uses a 902P1 CRT.

peter

* a-100.jpg (72.75 KB, 254x299 - viewed 335 times.)
Dave K6XYZ

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:50 PM »

Slab,

I picked up the SB610 today and also got the matching station console. Both are perfect like new condition. I got the pair for $75. I will change the caps and diodes as you advised. Thanks for all of the help.

Johnny,

I am also going to be on the lookout for a good deal on a real o scope at the next fest.

Mike

Mike....on the 610 you can increase the trace visibility considerably by turning around that nasty white graticle plastic piece so the white lines face the tube. This makes a big visibility improvement.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »

Thanks for the schematic. I have two of these units in the closet both toast They are very different inside.  One of them I used for years and then one day smoked and blew its fuse. There was a device inside that blew apart. I could never figure out what it was. I think I can fix it now with the schematic.

C

very simple mod scope. Ther eis a mistake in the schemaic though as the grid of the CRT should go to the left  side of the brightness pot. Transformer is about 700VAC, only a few mA. The fil winding is insulated to 2500V.

The transistor circuit and iron core inductor can be ignored as this was intended to energize the inductor and magnetically pull the trace off the screen when no carrier is present. Its a little solenoid from a relay.

Wawasee Electronics was in business as late as the late 1980's. The phone # apparently went to a residence and I spoke to the engineer. Unknown the status today. I have a few of their items, mostly are "10M" amplifiers, and also two of the Catalyzers. The Calayzer is a decent mod scope and has a large meter and three scales 20 200 and 2000W. It measures average voltage on the RF line. It does not have frequency compensation and the reading will be different on 160 to 10M, so the pots ought to be calibrated for the bands in mind. The Catalyzer is light in weight and is about the same width as a TS-430 transceiver so it makes a nice stack. The Catalyzer is one of their nicest products in my opinion.

Wawasee is also the only company I know of that ran a 6BQ5 grounded grid with almost 700VDC on the plate. I had one of these in for service back in the day and it was no slouch on SSB output but on AM the transmissions were best kept short.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KE5YTV
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 03:04:57 PM »

Thanks Dave,

I'll give it a try.

Mike

Mike
KE5YTV  Dallas, TX
"The longest trip begins with a stop at the ATM."
KE5YTV
Contributing

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »

Patrick,

I'm sorry that it took me so long to reply to your post. I want to thank you for your very generous offer for a free CRT. I think that I'm fixed up for now with the SB 610. Thanks again.

Mike

Mike
KE5YTV  Dallas, TX
"The longest trip begins with a stop at the ATM."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015