The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:28:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 meter AM  (Read 36505 times)
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »

Just had my first international AM contact on 10 meters.  VK4VN Steve made it through all the non-sense that was going on 29.000....  I really wish people could figure out they need to move off of a "calling frequency" to have a ragchew.  Yeah I know it's not in the rules and it's gentlemen agreement and all that but it really makes for smoother operating.

Nobody agreed to move off 29000. Someone decided to call that spot a calling frequency and it has created confusion.

We can't even get a standard definition of calling frequency among AM people on this b-board who actually operate radios.

Been doing it this way for a lot of years.

KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 09:34:31 PM »

Well it would be really handy to have a "calling frequency" there. 

JL1JXQ posted that 28.305 is the AM calling frequency for Japan. 

AMI#1684
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 11:11:55 PM »

AM Activities (in Japan)

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
kb3rdt

poop cup

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 01:01:04 AM »

thought there where all slopbuckets cause most there radio only tx ssb mostly but there getting better at it!
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 03:32:34 AM »

thought there where all slopbuckets cause most there radio only tx ssb mostly but there getting better at it!

What?

K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 06:07:11 AM »

I see there is no JA AM below 15 meters.  WHY?  Huh  Glad I don't live in JA land.  That really sucks.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
ve6pg

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 12:42:41 PM »

...way too many on 29.600...guys in europe, south america, north america....need spread out, and call cq...

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »

Pete that was some interesting info on JA AMing..hard to believe they chose 28.305 for a calling freq..that always was a stomping ground for "illegal" ops mainly fisherman and the like in and around the Gulf of Mexico..wonder if they figured there must be lotsa AM activity heard there soooo why not..??..I'll have to look back thru the logs and see if I've ever worked JA around 29mhz..I know I've worked them on FM up a bit..say 29.350 or so............so far as 15mtrs go never heard a one on AM..not yet anyway

Big day today on both bands for AMing..agn tnx for the info Pete         73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 04:05:15 PM »

I see there is no JA AM below 15 meters.  WHY?  Huh  Glad I don't live in JA land.  That really sucks.

Phone operation is allowed there on all the lower bands so no clue as to why they don't show any AM activity there.

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 04:11:17 PM »

Pete that was some interesting info on JA AMing..hard to believe they chose 28.305 for a calling freq..that always was a stomping ground for "illegal" ops mainly fisherman and the like in and around the Gulf of Mexico..wonder if they figured there must be lotsa AM activity heard there soooo why not..??..I'll have to look back thru the logs and see if I've ever worked JA around 29mhz..I know I've worked them on FM up a bit..say 29.350 or so............so far as 15mtrs go never heard a one on AM..not yet anyway

Big day today on both bands for AMing..agn tnx for the info Pete         73 de DAVE

In poking around the Internet (and my Japanese is almost non-existent) , I get the impression that 28.305 seems to be only the in-country calling/chat AM frequency. They show the "DX" U. S. and European AM hangouts, so I suspect if they want to work us, or the rest of the AM world,  they just have to turn the VFO knob. The lower end of 10 meters has always been plagued by SSB and AM free-banders.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015