The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:01:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WILYD AKA N1HUT IS COMMING HOME & TO NEARFEST  (Read 2240 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« on: September 22, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »

Just letting you know I talked with Brian today on Skype and he will be at the near fest with his new wife. They just tied the knot after 14 years of going steady Grin Grin He will be there with his mother as well who is a ham and is 90 years old. He said he doesn't know how long he will stay because of her age.

Brain may be the most distance attendee traveling from Alaska.  

They will be there on Friday. I may make it as well as I have not been to a hamfester in at least five years!

Is it true that seniors get in free?

Maybe this belongs in QSO?

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 12:58:54 AM »

Actually, we charge seniors twice, Terry. Because we never know how many more times we'll be able to get your money.  Wink

Saw Brian at last October's 'fest. He joined us for the AM Dinner Friday night. Haven't seen Pearl (his mom) in many years, well over ten. Brian comes from an entire family of hams. His baby brother Dean N1DRA is a good friend from back home.

Good to hear that he and 'Nita got hitched. She seemed to make him happy and was at least as good-natured as him. Then again, living in Alaska and getting to play with live steam locomotives would put a smile on most anyone's face. Still looking forward to working him on the air again one day.

It'll be good to see them again. Not sure who traveled further last year: Brian from Skagway or Johnny from Athens.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »

If this were the case no one would have to buy a ticket and we wouldn't be able to pay for the fairgrounds ;~)

It will be great to see Brian and Pearl again.  I used to work his dad Ken W1LYD up in Hardwick Vermont many years ago.

MrMike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015