The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:53:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14.313  (Read 8885 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: August 20, 2011, 10:36:01 PM »

WTH Huh

crazy people are on the radio.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:55:58 PM »

I've heard this before about 14.313 and 14.315... *shrug* I'm not at home so I can't monitor to see what you're talking about though.

AMI#1684
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »

Not sure what was going on but they were arguing with some Canadian I could barely hear, playing recordings over and over, playing music, and someone played excerpts from Riley's speech which was apparently about said Canadian. There is supposed to be a website. The whole thing eventually transformed into something like CB channel 6 but the audio quality was much better.

I found something better to listen to. I'm about 1/4 mile from a hospital and I could hear their MRI machine from 13.4 to 13.6MHz. It sounded like the devil's own cuckoo clock.

KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 12:24:16 AM »

Sounds like maybe those kooks from 14.275 have moved to 14.313

AMI#1684
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 12:31:57 AM »

Not sure what was going on but they were arguing with some Canadian I could barely hear, playing recordings over and over, playing music, and someone played excerpts from Riley's speech which was apparently about said Canadian. There is supposed to be a website. The whole thing eventually transformed into something like CB channel 6 but the audio quality was much better.

I found something better to listen to. I'm about 1/4 mile from a hospital and I could hear their MRI machine from 13.4 to 13.6MHz. It sounded like the devil's own cuckoo clock.

Yeah, it was probably a more intelligent conversation too.

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »

It was orderly and creepy at the same time.

W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:16:57 PM »

That freq. for some reason has a habbit of attracting trouble. I remember the days back when KV4FZ was taking on the Maritime Mobile Net. It seemed that along with that hellabulloo, anyone else that wanted to pontificate in an unstable frame of mind, was attracted there. It was quiet for a long time though.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 06:40:22 AM »

One of the shiny spots on our Amateur bands that demonstrates the beauty of Ham Radio to the whole world. I wonder what other SWL's or Amateurs from other countries think when they run across that freq?
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »

You cant tell the players without a program.

http://ve7kfm.com/

Check out the audio files section.  Some seriously disturbed people on that frequency.

--- Post No Bills ---
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »

14.313 has been a boiling pot full of idiots for many, many years. Actually, so has a lot of 20m. I can count on one hand, how many times I have ever been on that band, just for that reason.

But 14.313 has always been akin to the southern end of a northbound horse!! A lot of people have been sucked into that mess over the years, including some that were hit hard. It has for some reason ALWAYS attracted naredewills, troublemakers, and malicious idiots.

It is one thing to poke fun at others in the qso, but to do it with malice in your heart is definately a serious problem. Those guys have something seriously wrong upstairs. Or maybe just a good case of DSB......................

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
KC2ZFA

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »

plenty of nutters and illegals on the bands...I've been very surprised by what I hear and where I hear it ! Here's an example of a regular group on 75M:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUIKqIchG10

Only one participant signs...as K2NPV (not in ULS)  Tongue
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 11:59:09 AM »

plenty of nutters and illegals on the bands...I've been very surprised by what I hear and where I hear it ! Here's an example of a regular group on 75M:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUIKqIchG10

Only one participant signs...as K2NPV (not in ULS)  Tongue

what is the issue in the video?

Assuming the receiver in this video is operating correctly, its a licensed US station transmitting and the upper sideband of the transmitting station is supressed, thats a recording of a QSO on 3999 lower sideband.  There is no carrier. The audio information starts just below 3999 kc and goes down from there.  When the receiver is tuned to 4000 kc and above your hearing information from the receivers passband which includes spectrum below 4000 kc.

--- Post No Bills ---
KC2ZFA

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 04:36:07 PM »

When the receiver is tuned to 4000 kc and above your hearing information from the receivers passband which is still covering the spectrum below 4000 kc.

doh! thanks for setting me straight...ssb always confuses me.

Peter
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »

When the receiver is tuned to 4000 kc and above your hearing information from the receivers passband which is still covering the spectrum below 4000 kc.

doh! thanks for setting me straight...ssb always confuses me.

Peter

See... SSB is bad for you.   Wink

--- Post No Bills ---
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015