The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:51:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who made this Turntable..?  (Read 17327 times)
KA3ZLR
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 11:50:52 AM »

Hi Bob thanks for posting,

I do a have few things from my younger daz I don't know if you remember the RCA 45 Players
I have in a box in the attic an Original RCA 45EY2 I think it is all there all it played was 45's
it's actually my older sisters when her and her grilfriends would get together in the 60's
and Play records but I Snatched it up when she moved out..never told her..I'm waiting
on her 40th aniversry of her an her husband i'm gona lay it out... Cheesy
Be a Shocker... Cheesy

Jack
KA3ZLR

flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 12:58:07 PM »

The B&O were quite innovative and well built machines. Got a pair of Thorens TD-124 back in the 1960s when I worked at Allied Radio. Put SME tone arms on them in the late 1980s a belt and grommet here and there but I really like the olt Tor'-enze . They have served quite well. 

Hope I didn't hurt any feelings.. Wink

OK Gary.........good stuff. My cousin had a Thorens TT and nice, very nice. I asked what happened to it, after he passed and they shipped it to his brother and because of careless packing , never survived. Wasn't UPS fault. Probably just put in a cardboard box and shipped. The SME Tone Arms were supposed to be the best for minimal tracking error.

Jack, I was just trying to add a little humor. no problem.
I hope you are ok. PM if you need to talk more.
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
KA3ZLR
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »

The B&O were quite innovative and well built machines. Got a pair of Thorens TD-124 back in the 1960s when I worked at Allied Radio. Put SME tone arms on them in the late 1980s a belt and grommet here and there but I really like the olt Tor'-enze . They have served quite well. 

Hope I didn't hurt any feelings.. Wink

OK Gary.........good stuff. My cousin had a Thorens TT and nice, very nice. I asked what happened to it, after he passed and they shipped it to his brother and because of careless packing , never survived. Wasn't UPS fault. Probably just put in a cardboard box and shipped. The SME Tone Arms were supposed to be the best for minimal tracking error.

Jack, I was just trying to add a little humor. no problem.
I hope you are ok. PM if you need to talk more.
Fred

Hi Mop,

No ,.. No feelings hurt here heck no, It's just something between mysylf and Pete is all..

Not a Problem.

Jack
KA3ZLR
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »

It's just something between mysylf and Pete is all..

Please use PM or email for your exchanges with Pete. The rest of us aren't interested. Thanks.
KA3ZLR
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »

This gentleman asked a Question I answered it. That's all
K3ZS

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 02:42:19 PM »

I do a have few things from my younger daz I don't know if you remember the RCA 45 Players
I have in a box in the attic an Original RCA 45EY2 I think it is all there all it played was 45's
it's actually my older sisters when her and her grilfriends would get together in the 60's
and Play records but I Snatched it up when she moved out..never told her..I'm waiting
Be a Shocker... Cheesy

Jack
KA3ZLR

Jack, when I was very young in the early 50's I got an RCA45EY2 (just checked an RCA web site and it is the same one.). Many ears ago I scrapped it but I still have the carrying case for it.   I store family films in it now.
kg8lb
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »

A few years ago I ran across a very rare old Western Electric transformer at the Lapeer hamfest. When I put it on eBay it got a lot of interest from two Japanese buyers. The ultimate winning bidder came a few months later to visit and check out some local collectors. What I found totally amazing was the fact that he was interested in 78 RPM equipment and recordings. Old GE Variable Reluctance cartridges and the huge, heavy 78 RPM turntables were his big thing. There was no interest whatsoever in LP stuff. Just triodes and 78s .
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »

GE VRII forever.  Cool

RICK  *W3RSW*
KA3ZLR
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 04:04:43 PM »

Be a Shocker... Cheesy

Jack
KA3ZLR

Jack, when I was very young in the early 50's I got an RCA45EY2 (just checked an RCA web site and it is the same one.). Many ears ago I scrapped it but I still have the carrying case for it.   I store family films in it now.

Bob,

They were cool little record players man. Nice Sound too. Smiley

Jack
KA3ZLR
KA3ZLR
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 04:08:40 PM »

Hi Rick good to se ya OM.. Smiley

Hey Gary You gotta a nicea Stations there Olds Mans... Smiley
That story is interesting...Cool

Jack
KA3ZLR
K3ZS

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »

For Jack, to go along with the turntable, Bang & Olufsen just came out with an $85,000 plasma 3D TV, in case you are interested.   There is a video today on it at www.marketwatch.com.
KA3ZLR
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2011, 07:52:11 AM »

For Jack, to go along with the turntable, Bang & Olufsen just came out with an $85,000 plasma 3D TV, in case you are interested.   There is a video today on it at www.marketwatch.com.

Good Day Bob, Smiley

I like that Web Page, there's quit a few interesting articles on there Thanks...that screen is for the over paid out priced no Class Football Jocksters they're the only ones who can afford it.. Smiley
Would be nice when they make them interactive then I can Reach in and Bash that jerk on
Baltimore's Team for that cheap Shot. Cool

Did you read that article on Rouge Trading WOW...?

Jack
KA3ZLR

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015