The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:10:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knight-Kit TR106..help with AC conn  (Read 3471 times)
wb1ead
Contributing

« on: August 01, 2011, 06:57:51 PM »

Hi All..picking away at my pile of vintage BAs..awhile back picked up this one minus manual and worse the AC pwr cord..went to BAMA to get manual but other than the DC cord "how to" diagram to wire it(incidently a 12pin Jones/Molex connector)..can't figure out just where to connect the AC and on which pins..the DC plug is well documented..I'm thinking it has jumpers possible within the std AC plug or then agn maybe not..just a thought as it seems every pin on the chassis connector has sumptin soldered to it..I can figure it out eventually but if it's a simple one wire goes here etc then please pass that along..would love to get 'er going agn without having to resort to wiring it for DC.....many tnx!    73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »

Using the TR-108 schematic as a reference, Pin 4 (AC), Pin 6 (AC), jumper from Pin 5 to Pin 9. To confirm AC connections, Pin 4 is a black lead going to the power transformer; Pin 6 is connected to the 15 AMP fuse.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:59:32 AM »

Well THANK YOU Pete!..the back of the connector is gummed up but I'll remove the spare one to get a better looksee..mostly to get the jumper right as the black lead is easy to spot as is the wire to the fuse..hmmm I guess I figured right..it needed a jumper somewhere..agn once more THANK YOU!     73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »

In checking with others in the "business" and some private owners of the TR-106, no one has ever seen a complete TR-106 schematic. I have had at least 4 or 5 TR-106 original manuals pass through my hands and none of them included a complete schematic. The manual includes schematic snippets of most of the various stages, and I guess, someone who was ambitious enough, could cut and paste most of the schematic together. However, the 2 meter TR-108 complete schematic is readily available, and other then for the addition of the tripler stage and obviously some component changes in the oscillator, RF, and mixer stages, should correspond fairly closely to the design of the TR-106.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015