The AM Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:14:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picture of the Gang at KI8BQ's Annual AM Gathering 2011  (Read 7282 times)
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« on: July 31, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »

Thanks to Gary, KI8BQ and his wife Vickie for another great AM gathering Saturday JULY 30 at their beautiful lake home in Sturgis, MI!  Attached is a picture of those attending.  Back Row:  l-r ?, XYL ?, Lois-XYL K8DUU, K8DUU, K8WEU, W9GT, Marlene-XYL W9GT, K8HFX, KD8CVY, KC8DHH, W8FK, K8ATV, Karen-XYL K8ATV, W8EGR, N8DCC.  Front row:  W8ZAP, W9MZH, W8HX, WB9FTW, W8NWF, N8ECR, KI8BQ.  Picture taken by Sandy - XYL W8NWF and Vickie - XYL KI8BQ was busy preparing the food (which was wonderful!)

73,  Jack, W9GT

* 005.JPG (724.39 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 655 times.)

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Jeff W9GY

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:08:06 AM »

Thanks for posting, Jack.  Wish I would have been closer and could have attended, but good to see some of my old friends.  Hope to see you and most of them at Ft Wayne in November,  73 Jeff

Jeff  W9GY Calumet, Michigan
(Copper Country)
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »

Hi Jack,
Sure looks like you all had a good time!  Wish I lived closer. 
Joe, W3GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »

An FB crew! Good to see ham radio is alive and well and groups are enjoying time together.

That's some lush green grass in that photo. Wish my lawn looked like that!
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:02 AM »

Fer yer cornsideration

http://www.grassbgreen.com/Lawn_Paint_FAQ_s/25.htm

klc

What? Me worry?
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 12:23:45 PM »

Just so it is (somewhat) green, and cutting every two weeks is fine with me.

Fred KC4MOP
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »

An FB crew! Good to see ham radio is alive and well and groups are enjoying time together.

You should plant Zoysia grass. My grass loves this hot weather. I've had it since the 70's. Stays green all summer even without constant watering.

Here's a home with Zoysia grass.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WB2CAU

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 11:49:24 PM »

You should plant Zoysia grass. My grass loves this hot weather. I've had it since the 70's. Stays green all summer even without constant watering.

I have Zoysia in my backyard.  What you say is true, it is nice grass, except it thrives only in areas with good sun exposure.  The areas where I have shade it doesn't do well at all.  I wish it would grow in my front yard but there's too much shade there.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 08:01:01 AM »

It grows nice and thick like carpet, but................... It can be a man-killer on a hot day to push a lawnmower through. With that stuff, you really should have a self-propelled (or rider if your lawn is big enough) mower.

It kinda reminds you of cultured, thick growing crabgrass. My neighbor has that stuff, and it has crept into about 1/2 of my yard. It also looks like crap during the winter months when it all turns brown. Regular grass stays green during the cold months.

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »

"  It also looks like crap during the winter months when it all turns brown.  "

Fer yer cornsideration

http://www.grassbgreen.com/Lawn_Paint_FAQ_s/25.htm

klc

What? Me worry?
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »

Geez, I complement the guy on his nice grass and the thread gets hijacked. If you don't have a comment about the Gang at KI8BQ'ds party, please don't post.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 12:33:39 PM »

It grows nice and thick like carpet, but................... It can be a man-killer on a hot day to push a lawnmower through. With that stuff, you really should have a self-propelled (or rider if your lawn is big enough) mower.

It kinda reminds you of cultured, thick growing crabgrass. My neighbor has that stuff, and it has crept into about 1/2 of my yard. It also looks like crap during the winter months when it all turns brown. Regular grass stays green during the cold months.

You're right. A self-propelled mower is the only way to go with this grass. And, it is a creeping grass that will propagate just about anywhere (over curbs into the street, driveways, etc.) there is full sun. You can burn it right down to the ground level and, within 30 days of moderate to strong sun, it will all grow back. Don't ask how I know.  Cool  It has crept into both of my neighbors lawns over the years. One neighbor has a tree with branches that provide lots of shade and, as Eric points out, it won't grow in highly shaded areas. The grass literately has crept all around the perimeter of the shaded area. And, yes, the grass starts to turn brown/ beige at first frost. But, I generally don't romp around the front lawn during the winter months anyway, and sometimes it's snow covered for days or weeks. It's also a great landmark during the late Fall, Winter, and early Spring months when giving directions to your location in day or night. Don't need to look for house numbers; just look for the brown/beige front lawn. But the moderate watering, some moderate lawn fertilizing, no applying of lawn pesticides or bug killers, and plus it looks really good for at least 6 or 7 months of the year keeps me happy.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
KA3ZLR
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 12:00:55 PM »

I like the Picture of the Gang that'a'way.. Smiley..NNNice...

Pete your yard looks non used..and i'd be affraid to step on it... Cool..LOL awesum

Jack
KA3ZLR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015