The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:44:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Heil / Joe Walsh Podcast  (Read 3735 times)
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« on: May 26, 2011, 12:44:11 PM »

Bob is now doing a weekly podcast here:

http://twit.tv/hn1
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:28:51 AM »

Thanks for the link Bill, I'm enjoying this!

AMI#1684
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:56:20 AM »

Whenever I try to play the video, it pegs my CPU at 100%, and Firefox goes into "not responding" mode. Tried opening it in IE, same thing. Closed out IE, but process kept on running with CPU pegged.  Had to kill the process to get the CPU back.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »

Don
Try to click on the LOW for your playback. High might be for a high speed connection or a higher def picture. VERY well produced BTW and impressive audio equipment and everyone except Joe Walsh showing off a very famous Mike Dorrough audio meter.............love those things......quite a nice tool to have when adjusting for loud audio.
It uses QuickTime and with DSL at work, the video plays well. I paused to let the program completely load. Our DSL cannot keep up with the stream. At my QTH and cable TV internet I would be fine.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »

I tried it on the laptop and it automatically opened in Quicktime and played with no problem. I clicked PLAY rather than DOWNLOAD. Maybe the old XP machine upstairs just doesn't have the memory or CPU capacity to handle contemporary downloads and files. We have high speed service, so the connection shouldn't be a problem.

Twice in the past two days, when "updating" pre-existing software, it has stealthily installed 3rd party software I didn't want.  The computer upstairs installed Google Chrome when I updated Realplayer. I immediately uninstalled it.

This morning I updated Avast free anti-virus on the laptop, and when I had finished, an icon for syminstallstub.exe, apparently a Norton Symantec security scan, had mysteriously appeared, and also on my program list. I uninstalled that one too. Not sure if this was related to the anti-virus update, since I would have thought Norton/Symantec and Avast would be competitors and not be promoting each other's software. Ran a Google search, and it appears that a lot of other people have complained about the Symantec program mysteriously appearing on their computers too. Maybe it is a wonderful whizz-bang free security program that does everything but cure cancer and AIDS, I still don't appreciate having it installed on my computer without my knowledge. I probably just wasn't paying close enough attention. Very often, when downloading one program, I notice a box pre-checked to also download some other bloatware. I usually keep an eye out for that and make sure I uncheck the box before proceeding.

Anyway, the podcast was interesting, although I haven't taken the time to watch the entire thing yet. I ran into Bob at Dayton and we had a short chat, and as usual, he had someone take our picture.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015