The AM Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayton report  (Read 14282 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 05:40:08 PM »

I went through those picasaweb photos and if they are anything to go by, I feel as if I did not miss anything by not going.  Looks like one big fest for plastic junk, > 50 Mhz, tuna tin kits, LED badges and hats, appliance op drek, anything and everything but AM.

I didn't spend much time inside, but I probably saw more AM transmitters and receivers in the flea market than I saw riceboxes, but the latter may have just not caught my eye. I spent 90% of my time digging through the boxes under the tables and picking out odds and ends parts. The only big item that tempted me was a 51J4 in good condx with all filters, asking $500, but I finally decided I didn't need it and need the shack space more, anyway.  Besides, we were also running out space in the vehicle for anything else, so I passed on it.

It seemed more crowded indoors than last year, but the flea market was about the same, with a lot of vacant spaces.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015