The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:21:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson Ranger no osc current/no grid current  (Read 12094 times)
W4AMV

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »

Problem found. The clip on SW5 that leads to the meter + terminal is gone. So micro surgery is next. If I can get some spring copper, I'll try building a clip, ugh, otherwise I am on the hunt for an SW5. Thanks! I'll keep you posted.
WQ9E

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »

In many cases you can replace the missing contact with one from a donor switch, some of the larger hobby shops will have a selection of very small screws and nuts for attachment in place of the original rivet.  Meter movements damaged beyond repair may also yield the proper size tiny nut and screw.

Rodger WQ9E
W4AMV

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »

Great idea Rodger. Thanks! What I did for now is used a short section of #22 bus bar wire. I bent it into the shape of a square root sign (a V with a short tail) like ---v. Now the v fits into the exposed hole where the clip used to be at position 4 of the switch. You need to adjust its height with a set of tweezers and thats it. Will see how this works out.

Oh, I meant to ask. HOW STRAIGHT FORWARD IS THE REMOVAL OF THE METER SWITCH FUNCTION, SW5??

It looks easy, but I could be wrong. Remove knob, remove front bolt, remove chassis mount right angle bracket held in place by chassis screw-hardware. The SW5 should drop out ATTACHED to the right angle baracket, as there is a second retaining bolt behind the front panel. Is that true? Or is there more to this? Thanks! Alan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015