The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:30:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QST QuickStats  (Read 20173 times)
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 03:11:58 PM »

Good point. Lots of whiners and complainers out there.
WQ9E

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 09:18:57 PM »

Since the ARRL "knows" what is best for the hobby there is no real need to scientifically survey the membership and be bothered with input.  Just smile and remember that we are just uneducated children and big wise daddy knows what is best for us.  Our little minds just cannot comprehend the truths so evident to the anointed ones in Newington.

On the other hand, most companies conducting market research are at least as interested in  non-purchasers (i.e. potential customers) as they are in current customers.  But if you are really conceited then you don't listen to either group.

Now I am going to load my old QST on CD-ROM and  pretend it is 1947 for the next few hours.

Rodger WQ9E
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »

One of the surveys I remember the ARRL did, was this one back in 2001 with 4744 respondents : NOVICE SPECTRUM SURVEY DRAWS HEAVY RESPONSE, see ARRL Letter July 2001: http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter%3Fissue%3D2001-07-20

Of course, if one is interested in the number of varied surveys the ARRL has done over the years (excluding the QuickStat stuff), you only need to go to the ARRL web site and put the word "survey" in the Website Search Field.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015