The AM Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:10:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMfone's Online AM Handbook improvements  (Read 1909 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: January 17, 2011, 07:02:58 PM »

Maybe it's my imagination but the "AMfone's Online AM Handbook" section seems to have been enlarged and improved. The how-to's ought to steer this in the right area.

"complete, ready to use information, modifications, building projects, etc."
"If in doubt, post it in the Technical Forum. The AM Forum Administrators will gladly move posts from the Technical Forum into the Handbook Forum, if deemed appropriate."

I really like this.

About complete articles and projects, will we run into restrictions due to some large file sizes or too many files per post?

Is it desirable to resolve an otherwise multi-post project into one lengthy post containing only the author's text and images, followed by the remaining posts?

If an author has a project that ought to be posted as such, in article form, should the author have the ability to do the edit if he wishes?

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »

No real change, Patrick, that's pretty much the way it's always been.  There are the same limits per post for documents, photos, etc., but until now we haven't had an issue with someone running into the limit.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »

I think one post for the entire article would be best. If anyone has a long article, or one with integrated images, drawings, etc, you can always attach a PDF or Word doc.

Yes, the author should be able to edit their article. This should be possible now.

The content in the Handbook section is the same (with new stuff added regularly). I just added some directions to each forum to make clear what should be posted. I'm glad you like it.

Maybe it's my imagination but the "AMfone's Online AM Handbook" section seems to have been enlarged and improved. The how-to's ought to steer this in the right area.

"complete, ready to use information, modifications, building projects, etc."
"If in doubt, post it in the Technical Forum. The AM Forum Administrators will gladly move posts from the Technical Forum into the Handbook Forum, if deemed appropriate."

I really like this.

About complete articles and projects, will we run into restrictions due to some large file sizes or too many files per post?

Is it desirable to resolve an otherwise multi-post project into one lengthy post containing only the author's text and images, followed by the remaining posts?

If an author has a project that ought to be posted as such, in article form, should the author have the ability to do the edit if he wishes?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015