The AM Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:56:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve, K4HX, please, I need your help  (Read 2951 times)
W2DU
Contributing

Walt, at 90, Now 92 and licensed 78 years

« on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:06 PM »

Steve, the reason for using this method to reach you will be clear as I proceed. I have been trying to reach you since Sunday night. My problem is as follows:

On Sunday, Jan 9, my membership was deleted. I tried to re-register, but was denied. I then tried to send you a PM msg, but that was also denied. I then tried to PM to W1UJR, also denied. At this point I have to sign in with password. and access the Forum as a GUEST.

What did I do wrong? Post too many lengthy posts that offended the Administration?

I consider the AMFone Forum as one of the best forums ever, and spend a huge amount of time reading the posts, recent and old, and am learning a lot from the expertise presented by hams who are far more experienced than the average ham, and in areas where I'm less knowledgeable. It is true delight to peruse your posts hour after hour.

Consequently, I'd very much like to be reinstated as a member of this great group. Can you help me on this?

I was planning on becoming a contributing member, which I will be if reinstated. However, I prefer to not enter my credit card number onto the internet. So if you don't object, I'd appreciate having your phone number so that I can call you to give you the CC number. I would also like to have your email address, with which I could have contacted you had I known it.

I hope the reason for the deletion of my membership can be determined, and possibly reinstated.

Cordially,

Walt

W2DU, ex W8KHK, W4GWZ, W8VJR, W2FCY, PJ7DU. Son Rick now W8KHK.
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:38 PM »

I don't know what happened. Your membership has not been deleted (I still see you on the membership list). You have done nothing wrong, so don't even give that a second thought. Your recent "lengthy" posts are gems and widely enjoyed. I will look into it further, but if you can post here, it would seem all is in order.

I will contact you via email to sort things out further. My apologies for the problems.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »

Walt, it sounds like part of what you were experiencing was the temporary change in forum browsing that prompts everyone with the sign in page rather than the index page you're probably used to seeing. I, too, have had a couple of glitches when I tried to access pages or send messages, I chalked it up to high traffic or such at that moment. The fact that you could reach the PM function and are posting now shows that your account is intact, but as Steve says, it warrants further investigation.

To reiterate what Steve has said, your posts are true gems, priceless pieces of history and very, very welcome here. Keep 'em coming, please.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:30:51 PM »

We love ya, Walt!     Sorry the software glitched like that.

To speed things up if it happens again and you can't get into AMfone, go to QRZ.com, look up the email adr of whoever and send it that way.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W2DU
Contributing

Walt, at 90, Now 92 and licensed 78 years

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 10:35:10 PM »

Thanks Tom--that I'll do.

Walt

W2DU, ex W8KHK, W4GWZ, W8VJR, W2FCY, PJ7DU. Son Rick now W8KHK.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »

admin at amfone.net always works, too!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015