The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:35:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Cake  (Read 3332 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: January 03, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »

from funwithtubes yahoo group;

His wife had a groom's cake made in the likeness of an old AM radio. That was thoughtful!

"My wife and I recently had our wedding ceremony. She surprised me with a groom's cake. I figure everyone here would get a kick out of seeing this...it was a shame to cut into it and try it. The baker even went so far as to make a little cord for it out of icing."

so next guy here that gets married, let us know how the 4CX5000 / R390 / Globe King tastes.

* IMG_7448.jpg (16.6 KB, 479x319 - viewed 319 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 08:48:45 PM »

Thing is, the bride said she wanted a tombstone to remind him what would happen if he didn't get off the radio. So the baker combined the two.
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »

from funwithtubes yahoo group;

His wife had a groom's cake made in the likeness of an old AM radio. That was thoughtful!

"My wife and I recently had our wedding ceremony. She surprised me with a groom's cake. I figure everyone here would get a kick out of seeing this...it was a shame to cut into it and try it. The baker even went so far as to make a little cord for it out of icing."

so next guy here that gets married, let us know how the 4CX5000 / R390 / Globe King tastes.

Gee, when my wife Janet and I got married, she joked that perhaps the wedding cake should be shaped like a Western Electric 300B. Maybe she wasn't so far off the mark on that one.

An Altec-Lansing A-5 speaker system would have been cool, too, and no doubt easier for the baker to make than a WE-300B. I don't know how appealing theatre gray-colored icing would be though.

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »

A full scale GPT-750 cake would, uh.... take the cake

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:43:07 PM »

And feed an army, too! And if you had one for each of your receivers, we could feed the world. Wink

Steve 'TAV had a cake that looked like a piece of Collins S-Line gear a year or so back. I'll have to dig around and find the one made for my birthday back in '03.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:25:30 PM »

A full scale GPT-750 cake would, uh.... take the cake

I just hope that a GPT-750 cake would not be as heavy on the stomach as the real thing, all 900 lbs of it. John, I know that you know what I'm talking about here!

It's the only xmtr I've ever had that needed automotive-type scissor jacks to work on; it took four of them (two on each side) to safely lower the rig onto the homebrew dolly I built for it.

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
W1TAV
Contributing

The Glow of Wood and Radios

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »

When I tuned 50, My then YL (now XYL and former Miss RI) had this cake made for me- Collins 32S-1...  - Steve

* DSCF8740.JPG (407.75 KB, 1728x1296 - viewed 326 times.)

Steve - W1TAV
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 12:41:02 AM »

I could never understand the saying, "You want your cake and eat it too?" Damn right Angry Angry Angry Angry

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015