The AM Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:43:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My christmas present  (Read 2290 times)
WA1GFZ

« on: December 26, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »

I was just outside talking to my new neighbor telling him about my truck troubles.
He started asking about my phased KAZ antennas along the property line. He thought it was a good idea I used red covered wire so he wouldn't walk through them. The conversation moved to a large tree in his back yard and my desire to use it. He said go for it. This will put my 160 meter antenna out of the woods and broadside NE/SW. Feedline coming off at 90 degrees.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 12:33:04 PM »

Good going, Dude! You should have axed the old neighbor 30 years ago to use that tree. Was he a prick?

When I lived in Windsor in 1972, I made friends with neighbors on both sides. Was able to push a pole up our backyard tree at 70'+ to hold the center and pulled the ends out +-200 feet to the tall neighbor trees. Flat-top, baby.  You could see that openwire-fed dipole all over the neighborhood.  The Tron stopped by and said it was the highest AMer antenna he ever saw in New England at the time.

Without the neighbor's help, it wuda been been a ski-slope inv vee puking on it's own RF...  Grin [caw mawn]

**  The snow just started falling as we begin our journey into 12"++  tonight.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 12:59:17 PM »

2011 GOALS:

Get on the air more and dance through life like a Tom Vu Russian delegate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S8OsJOP4Bw

I lucked out this time. My family was here and they pulled the gun out of my hand when they feared for my life after watching the video Grin Grin Grin

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »

HAHAHA!

It's living proof that ventriloquist dummies DO come to life.

I watch it every day.  It should be required viewing of all mentally insane patients of the whirl as a pick-me-up.

Look what it did for this flash-mob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAssBeS8D10&feature=related

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »

Did you guys watch Vladimir Putin singing "On Blueberry Heel" ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4IjHz2yIo

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 04:10:34 PM »

Tom, The old neighbor was a clown. His two kids were jerks. When I bought this place the seller told me the older one kicked in a basement window and put the garden hose in. then he turned on the water.
If you Remember lapointe days I grew a full face of hair in the winter. I put the fear in them when I started putting wire in the ground as soon as I moved in.
Then there was the time they hit Mark the Q's 1970 Cuda with a hardball after I warned them.
The best was the time the younger one grabbed my vertical loop as I keyed the rig.
He didn't see me in the window. He was about a quarter wave from the feed point.
New neighbor is a single guy pretty cool gearhead. Just bought the place his girlfriend dumped him so he just works on the place.
KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 05:03:55 PM »

****nods****

Next Halloween:   Trololo man while wearing a Nixon mask!

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015