The AM Forum
May 16, 2024, 05:29:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL Board of Directors July Meeting Actions & Information (UPDATE)  (Read 10220 times)
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« on: August 01, 2010, 01:33:17 PM »

The ARRL Board of Directors Meeting was held for two days in July. At the two-day meeting, the Board considered a number of reports and acted on several recommendations and Directors’ motions. A brief run down on the recommendations and motions can be found here: http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-board-considers-celebrations-changes-and-conferring-of-awards-at-2010-second-meeting
The entire meeting minutes can be found here: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/About%20ARRL/Board%20Meetings/2010%20July%20BOD%20minutes%20FINAL.pdf

Unfortunately Committee Reports for this meeting have not been posted. Likewise the January 2010 BoD meeting Committee Reports have not been posted nor has the minutes from the Executive Meeting held in March. Queries to the e-mail address posted on the ARRL web site (site problems) has brought zero response to me and no obvious action on their part to post this information. Using a classic tag, "can you hear me now?"

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:51:11 AM »

Geez. No one under 80 in that photo. Change ARRL to AARP.

The ARRL Board of Directors Meeting was held for two days in July. At the two-day meeting, the Board considered a number of reports and acted on several recommendations and Directors’ motions. A brief run down on the recommendations and motions can be found here: http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-board-considers-celebrations-changes-and-conferring-of-awards-at-2010-second-meeting
The entire meeting minutes can be found here: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/About%20ARRL/Board%20Meetings/2010%20July%20BOD%20minutes%20FINAL.pdf

Unfortunately Committee Reports for this meeting have not been posted. Likewise the January 2010 BoD meeting Committee Reports have not been posted nor has the minutes from the Executive Meeting held in March. Queries to the e-mail address posted on the ARRL web site (site problems) has brought zero response to me and no obvious action on their part to post this information. Using a classic tag, "can you hear me now?"

Ralph W3GL
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »

That's okay Steve...   Perhaps you'll get there one day if you keep your noise clean, etc...

Their called "Senior Citizens".

73,  Ralph  W3GL 

"Just because the microphone in front of you amplifies your voice around the world is no reason to think we have any more wisdom than we had when our voices could reach from one end of the bar to the other"     Ed Morrow
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 02:42:53 PM »

No disrespect intended. I hope I do live that long. My point was that we need some young blood at the ARRL. If the goal is to attract more younger people to amateur radio - more younger people need to be seen and involved.

Hiram was only 45 when he founded the ARRL. Some of the others were even younger. Tuska was but 18.

That's okay Steve...   Perhaps you'll get there one day if you keep your nose clean, etc...

Their called "Senior Citizens".
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 03:06:56 PM »

You can go here to view the ARRL Officers:
http://www.arrl.org/officers

And, here for Division Officers; some Division web pages also have bio's, pictures, etc.:
http://www.arrl.org/divisions

There are still quite a few that aren't eligible for AARP yet.

Ralph W3GL
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 03:42:36 PM »

That's okay Steve, it was sorta like a jab in your eye with a sharp stick...

I'm 83 or at least will be in a couple days, and have been a (life) member of
     the league for 55+ years... Never thought of running for any office as I could
     never devote enough time to it to do a respectable job in any slot in the field...

Your not too old yet but I would venture a guess that your time available for any
     extra activitys would be limited as well.  However, if your a member in good standing   
     and have the urge to get involved, go for it... Make a difference or at least make an
     attempt...

As I recall, AARP entrance age starts at 52.. That puts  me at being a member for 31
     years    Wow, time flys  even if you don't have much fun...

73,  Ralph  W3GL 

"Just because the microphone in front of you amplifies your voice around the world is no reason to think we have any more wisdom than we had when our voices could reach from one end of the bar to the other"     Ed Morrow
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 03:59:26 PM »

I'm 83 or at least will be in a couple days, and have been a (life) member of
     the league for 55+ years... Never thought of running for any office as I could
     never devote enough time to it to do a respectable job in any slot in the field...

For some reason I thought you were in your 90's. Not sure why.  Roll Eyes  I'm losing track; time for the "home".

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 04:12:17 PM »

The AARghhhP takes yer money at 50......  My wife hates them ever since she got a mail offer to join when she was 47 Yo.

klc

wanna buy insurance???

What? Me worry?
Ralph W3GL
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 04:25:22 PM »

Geez Pete, I know I'm pushing it but give me a break...

73,  Ralph  W3GL 

W2DU
Contributing

Walt, at 90, Now 92 and licensed 78 years

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »

Hi Steve,

Just a bit of trivia, and perhaps I've already told you (yeah, my age is probably showing), but did you know that it was Clarence Tuska who interviewed me for my engineering position with RCA in 1949? Without a resume, no less, just mainly talked about ham radio. He was impressed by what I already knew about him and his relationship in co-founding the ARRL and the founder of QST.

Ham Radio paid off for me in every position I held throughout my entire career.

W2DU, ex W8KHK, W4GWZ, W8VJR, W2FCY, PJ7DU. Son Rick now W8KHK.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »

Great story. Tuska is one of the legends. Most of us never got to talk to these early radio pioneers.

Hi Steve,

Just a bit of trivia, and perhaps I've already told you (yeah, my age is probably showing), but did you know that it was Clarence Tuska who interviewed me for my engineering position with RCA in 1949? Without a resume, no less, just mainly talked about ham radio. He was impressed by what I already knew about him and his relationship in co-founding the ARRL and the founder of QST.

Ham Radio paid off for me in every position I held throughout my entire career.

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »

The Committee Reports for the January 2010 and July 2010 Board of Directors Meeting are now posted on the ARRL web site:
http://www.arrl.org/committee-reports

Also, the Minutes of the Executive Committe Meetings, #490 (March 2010) and #491 (July 2010) are now posted on the ARRL web site: http://www.arrl.org/board-meetings

* Happy Person.gif (6.34 KB, 123x142 - viewed 603 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015