The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:00:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E.F. Johnson book  (Read 2522 times)
Knightt150
Contributing

« on: June 01, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »

Dose anyone know of a E.F. JOHNSON nostalgia book like the HEATH and COLLINS, HALLICRAFTERs books.

If not, I sure wish someone would write one, there is a lot of JOHNSON equipment in use I am sure it would sell. It would also help preserve there heritage.

John W9BFO Cool
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »

In comparison to the number of models in the Heath, Collins, or Hallicrafters books, the Johnson book wouldn't be very big unless you included all the CB models. They had roughly 20 models including their linears and maybe a dozen or two accessories for the ham line over the years. They produced a number of color catalogs over the years which documents a number of their models and are quite nice looking. I think I have at least five different catalogs from the late 50's though the 60's. I seem to recall several ER articles in their early years about the E. F. Johnson Company.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »

I'm not aware of any Johnson books but there is an interview with E. F. Johnson about 15 minutes into the "The Story of YEA-M 1986" video on W5HRO's web page if you're interested in that sort of stuff.   Nice web page Brian.

http://amforever.com/

Sam / KS2AM

--- Post No Bills ---
w1vtp

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:00:33 PM »

I ran across a 60's EFJ catalog in pretty good shape that could be scanned if that might be of interest

Al
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »

If you have a question about company history or rig history for Johnson or B&W stuff
Joe, W3GMS on this board would be a good one to contact. He knows their company histories, and probably has at least 1 piece of everything they built in his collection.

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015