The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:27:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiokit New Hampshire  (Read 7164 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: May 14, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »

Anyone remember a part vendor called Radiokit?  They were located in Pelham, New Hampshire.  I came across an old catalog of theirs while sorting through some years of junk.  I was wondering if they still exist. Can't find anything on the net.  At the time they seemed to have a good stock of hard to get parts.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
W1IA

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:53:57 PM »

Long gone Bob? Not sure what happened to them?

Run What Ya Brung!
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 09:04:08 PM »

They are still here Grin

Just starting up again, no Web site yet but am on Fleabay

Carl

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »

I remember Radio Kit.  They had great stuff years ago and I still have or had some of their early catalogs printed on very thin paper. 
Carl, I assume that is now your company.  Were you the original owner of the business years ago?  I wonder why it went silent for so many years?
Regards,
Joe, W3GMS       

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 10:59:13 AM »

I purchased it from the original owners in 85 and ran it to 97 or so as both a full time biz for awhile and then just part time which I wasnt able to spend enough time on so just let it go dark. Work, night and some days school for the MSEE, family, took all the time and also the need for a real job with health insurance became a priority.

Now an established Senile Citizen and professional loafer Im getting the urge again. I still have a basement full of inventory as shown in the paper catalogs. Lots of chassis, variable caps, some toroids, ferrite rods, etc. Im going to be concentrating on mostly TX, amps, and some homebrew components. The phone # is 800-670-2397. Email is jercom@jeremy.mv.com

BTW, those old catalogs were printed by Saltus Press outside of Worcester that used just enough paper to keep me from going to the next weight class at the PO.

Carl
WB2CAU

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 11:48:40 AM »

I had those catalogs also.  I was very disappointed when they disappeared from the scene years ago.  It was one of the few sources for common components used by homebrewers.  I recall purchasing B&W coil stock and other items from them when I was building my antenna tuners. 

I seem to recall they were also present at Deerfield back in the 80s and early 90s.

Carl, too bad you lost momentum at the time when increased popularity of the web was taking place.  It could've been the Amazon.com of ham radio :-)  Timing is everything.

I hope you can restore it.  It will be great to see it again. 

Eric

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
WA1GFZ

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »

Boy it will be nice to have a local source again.
I'm using the ferrite rod Lou Mccoy gave me in about 1969 for a heater choke in the big rig. That is my last one.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 05:21:27 PM »

Carl,
So how does one find your parts on EBay easily.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »

There is not much there yet and Im selling off some non radio stuff as I thin out the herd around here. I add a little bit more weekly.

Its Radiokit_USA

Carl
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »

Thanks Carl.
Looking forward to seeing your product.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »

My last Radiokit purchase is sitting on the 160 meter PDM Modulator chassis where I left it when it came home from Deerfield. A pair of type 73 BB transformer cores
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015