The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:53:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: radials - galvanized fence and wire material from Tractor Supply co?  (Read 9480 times)
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 08:07:43 AM »

You're right, of course, Derbmeister. But sometimes the best I can afford is less than what I really wanna do.

Now that you got the radio fixeded again maybe we'll hear ya on 40 meters this summer Smiley
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »

whelp, thats the next thing, the yaesu does not work on 40 at present. I think the 40meter xtal went south I have to pull the one out of the spare see if that does it. then put up 40 meter ant. I like this 72 ohm KW twin lead  but it's a one band affair only.

I guess on the grounding, what I object to is skrimping just to save a small amount of cash and sacrificing a lot of longevity.   I'd think differently if it amounted to any real money. but 50 bucks being the difference, why not go ahead? Even I can spend that extra 50 bucks, and I'm pretty damn poor.  If you want to do something bad enough you'll find a way.

flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »

YUP Tim,
I've wasted a lot of time and sweat the last couple of years cuz of taking short cuts and not knowing what the hell I'm doing.
I have noticed that if I take a few extra minutes or hours and PAY ATTENTION to detail, the projects work and survive MaNature's attacks.
It do take money and a plan.
Pat may have stirred me up for next Fall

Phred

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015