The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:57:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Marconi net  (Read 15768 times)
KA1ZGC
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 03:09:51 PM »

You may say in response, a wacko won't bother with a license.  That may be true, but the fine for a completely unlicensed pirate operator is way way higher and in the past, has included some jail time.

...and who is going to find and prosecute these people? As they were fond of saying in Poland 20+ years ago: "2+2=4". Translation: if there's more of them than there are people who would stop them, they win.

Let's not forget that the FCC is on the very bottom of the federal budget, and don't have the manpower or money necessary to make all of us go in and re-test in front of them. I can think of 9,000 things I'd rather have my taxes pay for this year.

All of which overlooks the most important reason: they don't give a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys about us, and one can hardly blame them.

But, make the basic ham test something a tad short of a give away from your friendly smiling VE and we have this blurring between 75 m., 27 MHz and the "freeband" wherever that is.   Do a few menu mods to your Yaesu and it is all one big continuum. 

Changes in technology have absolutely zero to do with the VE system, sorry. You're lumping "apple" pet-peeves in with "orange" ones.

I know plenty of people who took their exams in front of the FCC who are either idiots, egotists, pedophiles, murderers, or just plain subtracting from the collective IQ of the hobby by continuing to participate in it.

Hiram Percy Maxim never took an exam in front of the FCC. What a bum he must have been.
KC4VWU

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »

Dude! The OM was a BUM? You just made me spit coffee all over my monitor! After a real pisser of a night at work, that just struck me as awfully funny. I needed a good laugh!
ka3zlr
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »

Lately,

I've been more concerned with all the earth quakes and this latest
mess with the volcano it's a little unnerving.

I personally have little use for nets unless I'm lonely,, Tongue you lonely...lol.. Grin

Jack.

W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »

Phred said and I quote " Nets are a good way to organize hams"

I guess the rest of us outside of nets, are out of control Huh Huh

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015