The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:23:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4cx600ja  (Read 5969 times)
Detroit47

« on: February 25, 2012, 10:09:09 AM »

Does anyone have any idea what a fair price for these tubes is? I have a pair of 4cx600ja that are full output. One of the local ham's wants’ them but I have no idea what they are worth. I called Rf Parts and the wanted 1000.00 ea and I almost choked. I thought that was a little steep to say the least. Has anybody had any experience with these? I have been up and down the net and no one has any prices on their sites. "request quote"The quotes I got where even higher than RF parts, and no one has any used prices. These must be a rare animal.

John N8QPC
KE6DF

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »

Here is another price list that has the 4CX600JA.

http://www.elexs.com/2Xmtg.htm

If the rfparts price made you choke, this one will make you lose your lunch completely.

$2125.

I often see prices for tube in these industry supply companies that seem real high compared to what you can get on ebay, and even higher than the typical "ham" price.

I can't find anything on ebay for the 4CX600JA, however.

What you charge will probably come down to how much you like the guy that wants them.

Detroit47

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »

I looked on ebay also and came up with zero. Thanks for the response.

John
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »

If it is no longer made, you may find a bunch of resellers trolling it at an inflated price. They know it is hard to find and have priced it accordingly. In some cases 10 resellers are offering the exact same item. They all know who has 'it', in other words, and are not about to let that info get out but will gladly and honestly supply the item if the price is paid. The watchword is "click for quote".

$1000 or $2125 for a 600W tube violates my cents per watt policy! Ouch! You have a good money-maker there. Find out if they are close, and sell as a matched pair for more$. Or just do the ham a favor and let him have the pair for a reasonable price. Like half the new price, since they are used but work. Hams are so cheap. Might be a hard sell.

You could print the sheets from those vendors where the price is shown and ask him to make an offer based on that. It should at least forestall any excessive cheapness so a reasonable price can be agreed and everyone will be happy.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KL7OF

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »

Build something
Detroit47

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »

I'm building a pair of 4cx250f's right now
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »

A friend (out West) is also looking for the 600JAs,  sockets,  and chimneys.  It appears to have a large diameter Anode radiator (for its rating),  with low pressure-drop.  Neat looking tube,  think that it had some use in Mil and commercial rigs.  Vic
Detroit47

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »

The JA version has an extra large anode for low pressure drop. The fellow ham thought that 100.00 a piece was too much so I will sit on them. I found two more in my catacombs so I have four.  I think I may eBay them to fund other endeavors.

John N8QPC
KE6DF

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »

Better set a starting price for your ebay auction that you can live with.

No telling what you will get. Just because they are priced high by RF parts doesn't mean anyone on ebay will pay up for them.

If tubes aren't used in Ham linears or by the audio guys, the market is thin.

If you price them at $10 that might be all you will get.

KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »

Its a very scarce tube with superb IMD performance and some builders are always looking for them.
If they are truly full output thru 6M then $100 is a good price as a pair will easily run 1500W out at under 2500V.

http://www.g8wrb.org/data/Eimac/4CX600J.pdf

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015