The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:22:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3rd Edition of Reflections to be Available at Dayton Hamvention  (Read 1351 times)
W2DU
Contributing

Walt, at 90, Now 92 and licensed 78 years

« on: April 04, 2010, 12:59:10 PM »

Although I mentioned it briefly in my earlier post re the 50th Anniversary of the TIROS 1 launch, I'd like to report that the new 3rd edition of my book, Reflections--Transmission Lines and Antennas, published by CQ Communications, will be available at the CQ booth at Dayton.

The new edition will include all the material that appeared in both the 1st and 2nd editions, published by the ARRL and Worldradio, respectively. It will also contain many new goodies that I'm sure you'll enjoy reading; the put-down of several newly published myths, an expansion of the earlier stories concerning antennas in space from an historical and archival perspective, some of which I was intimately involved. Also, reports on the results of additional measurements I made, which prove the output resistance of RF power amps is non-dissipative and equals the load resistance when delivering all available power. Plus more.

I plan to be at the CQ booth, and hope to have the privilege of meeting as many of this great group of AMers as possible.

C ya all in Dayton!

Walt, W2DU

W2DU, ex W8KHK, W4GWZ, W8VJR, W2FCY, PJ7DU. Son Rick now W8KHK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015