The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:12:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elmac AF-67 ???  (Read 2462 times)
NR5A
« on: April 16, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »

Just got a AF-67/PMR-7/p/s. The rx works but not crazy about it. I also have a PMR-8 which I thpnk I will keep. So to start the restore process I brought the entire set-up on a variac. I tried to tune the tx up got grid drive set for 2.5 ma, can hear nice tone on spare rx but thats all. The meter does nothing on the other positions. Tried to measure B+ off the plate cap of the 6146 nothing. Tomorrow I will open up the p/s and see if I can see anything.

What or how should I go about trouble shooting this thing?? This will be a new experience for me.

Jerry - NR5A
nr5ajerry@gmail.com
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:40:12 AM »

They are notorious for an open mod xfmr among other ills. ER had several restoration and update tips. Mine sounds great after a thorough overhaul.

Carl
KM1H
NR5A
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »

Grin Its working!!  Acually it was working all along I think. For some reason I plugged its mic in and keyed it, the big realy suddenly camped tight, hmm hit the key and plate current. Did a happy dance, tried to tune it on 40 and it dipped and loaded,YES, more happy dance. Next problem where the heck am I going to put this stuff.PMR-7 works but I really don't like it. Next is get the PMR-8 working !

Jerry - NR5A
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015