The AM Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:29:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a boxfull of behringer arrived  (Read 9611 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: February 05, 2010, 01:01:21 PM »

Courtesy of Rob K5UJ we got our start in BCL transmitting audio gear today.  Cool

he took it upon his bad self to send me a box of behringer - a DSP 1124 and a DSP 9024 along with a microphony.  Cool

So this will be our learning setup  - plug it into the RA-250 when it arrives and start processing my voice into HIDEOUS
and GROTESQUE zounds of sounds.

TNX OM -  Cool FB Extremus.

* P1040040.jpg (220.3 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 489 times.)
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »

Tip o the hat to Rob for his generosity  Grin

That's what the AM community's all about!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:49:57 PM »

Nice stuff! Very generous Rob. You are pretty much set Derb.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

Nice going, Rob - very generous.

Derb, the 9024 is a fabulous unit, but not easy to learn. Sit down with the manual and the 9024 6-band unit and pick off some audio into the headphones to monitor yourself. Expect to spent many hours playing with it and referring to the manual. It CAN be done, but be patient and put in the time learning those menus and what they do. Once set and saved, you can have several curves at the touch of a key and it becomes mindless.

I set mine up 9 months ago and have forgotten what the more detailed menus do, but hopefully they will remain saved using the backup batt. If the batt goes bad, you need to reprogram the whole thing. They recommend you send the 9024 back to the factory to hold the programs as the batt is changed before the memory goes dead.

Did I say the  9024 is a fabulous unit?  It will do anything you want for processing.  I use it on both AM and ssb with separate curves.

Good luck with it, OM.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 04:00:28 PM »

Way ta go Rob. My hats off to ya!

swing swing swing munky swing.................
Swing Swing Swing munky Swing.................
SWING SWING SWING MUNKY SWING.................

* swing-monkey.jpg (557.7 KB, 1365x781 - viewed 437 times.)
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »

yah.  the wifey came in last night from work and plopped down $550 in cash on the arm of the chair I was sitting in and announced that she wanted the money she was saving for a new grooming table to be spent on the transmitter instead and send Phred a fat check.

I even tried to talk her out of it or take some of the money back, but she wont hear of it. She says the transmitter will make me happier than a new grooming table will make her.  Shocked  Shocked Kiss  She wont hear of it.

I'm writing Phred out a check now.  Cool  Glo is one of a kind. Ain't no woman like the one I got.  Cool

K0ARA
Contributing

The Bull

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:09:59 PM »

Radio Karma at its best!!!   Your the Man...Rob

Mike KØARA                99.9% AM
                 AMI  #1692
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »

yah.  the wifey came in last night from work and plopped down $550 in cash on the arm of the chair I was sitting in and announced that she wanted the money she was saving for a new grooming table to be spent on the transmitter instead and send Phred a fat check.

I even tried to talk her out of it or take some of the money back, but she wont hear of it. She says the transmitter will make me happier than a new grooming table will make her.  Shocked  Shocked Kiss  She wont hear of it.

I'm writing Phred out a check now.  Cool  Glo is one of a kind. Ain't no woman like the one I got.  Cool

Derb,

Glo is obviously one heck of a great wife. Generous and completely unselfish.

You are blessed to have such a fine soulmate.

These traits remind me of my fiancee, Janet. We recently got engaged. How she puts up with me is completely beyond me.

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 04:25:54 PM »

That is one awesome lady there Derb.
and Congratulations Bruce.

AMI#1684
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 06:43:04 PM »

Thanks guys--Budley that is some cool artwork you got there.  I'd like to see that taking up half a page in QST  Cheesy

But the best news is that XYL you got Derb--wow she is terrific.

Rob

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »

Rob:

VERY nice of you to do this!!!!!

Thanks!
Dan
W1DAN
WA3VJB
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 11:54:19 PM »

Lotsa good Karma Derb, you deserve it.
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »

Lotsa good Karma Derb, you deserve it.

And lots of good Karma for Rob, too. Rob is obviously a good man, certainly a better one than I. Perhaps I'll have the good fortune to work him on Saturday on 75-80M during the forthcoming AM Rally.

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 12:54:55 AM »

That is one awesome lady there Derb.
and Congratulations Bruce.

Thank you, John!

This is Janet's second time around, and my first. She's an incredibly good person, and very cool to boot.

Bruce

KC2IFR
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 07:51:49 AM »

behringer..........my condolences...... Wink
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 09:21:35 AM »

Tim said:
yah.  the wifey came in last night from work and plopped down $550 in cash on the arm of the chair I was sitting in and announced that she wanted the money she was saving for a new grooming table to be spent on the transmitter instead and send Phred a fat check.

Wow! That box is certainly making the rounds, isn't it?

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »

well, this will be the end of that. it's an investment for me - Don K4KYV kinda had a big influence on my thinking when i went down there and saw the same gear he had 10 years before when I went down. I vowed that as soon as I was able I was going to get a core nucleus of transmitters and receivers so that I'd never be off the air again.

Blaine N1GTU
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 02:20:21 PM »

if the batt starts to go in the 9024 you can hotswap it, i did once.
just dont get a shock....kmaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnn!  Grin
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 04:01:49 PM »

Hey Rob,

Way TA go !!

And from the Class E Forum,  Blaine posted this info few years ago ... He prob can update this.  Scroll down to the fifth post :

http://classe.monkeypuppet.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=398

73  Have Fun Derb,     Vic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015