The AM Forum
May 16, 2024, 12:47:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: condx on 75 be funky  (Read 2195 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: February 02, 2010, 10:36:08 PM »

just worked the AM Special Agent man KA0ARA under the arch in St Loo with good sigs. Sigs coming in from all over at medium and longer distances. Sounds like the band is starting to switch over back to shorter range mode in the next hour or two....7  inches on the ground, aint nobody going into work around here today.  Cool

durn : move this into QSO please, sorry.  Sad

tnx.

band turned out to be crap. At least I gave all the gear a good workout, about 10 hours on the running time clock with nothing crapping out - should be ready for the Rally, I hope.
K0ARA
Contributing

The Bull

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

Derb... I'm glad I got to worked the Yaesu and Gonset before the're replaced with the Raytheon. If the slopbuckets from the west coast weren't on 3888kc I would have stayed in there longer.  The Bull will be on the air this weekend.

Mike KØARA                99.9% AM
                 AMI  #1692
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »

The past two nights I have worked Jean, F6AQK on 3705.  Monday night (0500Z) we  had about a 30 minute QSO.  I received him perfectly, but he had some trouble with me from SSB QRM from Eastern Europe.  He says that when Europe wakes up in the morning the SSB QRM on 75 gets heavy.  The band was practically deserted here, since the 75m sidewalks were already rolled up.

Last night I was talking to a W9 and had severe heterodyne QRM.  I listened and it turned out the QRM was from Jean.  I called him and we QSO'ed for a few minutes, although condx weren't as good as the night before, plus my beverage was acting flaky (yes, still another damn intermittent).

Checked the beverage this morning after sunrise and as expected, everything looked normal.  I pulled out the plug-in impedance matching transformer and plugged it back in, and so far it is back to normal.  Hoping it is nothing worse than accumulated corrosion from moisture in the outdoor plug/socket assembly.

It is unbelievable the number of totally unrelated intermittents I have had to show up the past few weeks.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 03:22:54 PM »

It is unbelievable the number of totally unrelated intermittents I have had to show up the past few weeks.

Hopefully you will be rid of all them by this weekend.   Cheesy
WB2EMS
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 03:49:51 PM »

Last night I was talking to a W9 and had severe heterodyne QRM.  I listened and it turned out the QRM was from Jean.  I called him and we QSO'ed for a few minutes, although condx weren't as good as the night before.

I was doodling around last night playing with an sdr and saw your carrier again and came down to listen and caught the end of your QSO with the W9 and started to tune away when you said you were shutting down then heard you switch to french! I'm not a french speaker but you sounded pretty fluent.  Wink I could hear Jean a bit with my low loop, but you were booming in as usual.

Good luck with the intermittent. Those are the most frustrating to solve.

73 de Kevin, WB2EMS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015