The AM Forum
June 02, 2024, 12:02:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some people must really have time on their hands...  (Read 1837 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: January 29, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »

Everyone knows about the worked all states award, worked all continents, DXCC and even worked all counties, but the one I ran into to-day has to take the cake.

I tuned up on 40m, but heard nothing on 7290/95 but broadcast, and slopbucketeers working DX in the vicinity of 7160, so I decided to slip down to the cw band and call CQ.  Worked a WJ3 in PA on about 7087.

He was kinda pissweak, running QRP @ 5 watts, but it was pretty much a routine CW QSO, until he told me about the award he is working towards: working area codes!

He didn't ask for a QSL card, but it will be interesting to see if sends one requesting a card in return.

He might have a hard time working all area codes, since they are constantly adding new ones.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
w8khk

This ham got his ticket the old fashioned way.

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:45:54 PM »

Next thing you know, they will have one for "worked all zip codes".  But will they limit it to 5 digits, or tack on the additional 4?

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”   Ronald Reagan

My smart?phone voicetext screws up homophones, but they are crystal clear from my 75 meter plate-modulated AM transmitter
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »

Let's just quit screwing around and have a WAH award--Worked All Hams.

We'll never even have to worry about devising a certificate for that one.  Any real paper chaser will be all over it.

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015