The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:52:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wobbulator? interference to WFDnet 1-28-10 3733KHz  (Read 17227 times)
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »

Exactly what I heard last night, covering up Dave and everything.
say,
What's fer dinner?

thanks Bert for the recording.

RICK  *W3RSW*
Ralph W3GL
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:43 PM »

Okay, after hearing Berts recording of the signal last night, it is NOT what I heard earlier... However, that signal could have still been a spurious emission  coming from a high power SW  transmitter with Brother Staire at the mike. 

Then again, it  could be someones crude version of a jammier with what he has available in his shack.  Guess we have to be on the watch and get some good DFing going on this one.

73,  Ralph  W3GL 

"Just because the microphone in front of you amplifies your voice around the world is no reason to think we have any more wisdom than we had when our voices could reach from one end of the bar to the other"     Ed Morrow
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 07:30:39 PM »

Yep, Bert's recording is a different sounding signal - like someone hissing into a ssb mike.. I've never heard it before.  If it comes back we will try to DF it.

The "slow scan" warbler is there again tonight and appears to be from Europe all along, but relatively weak, like S9.

It was fun tonight with 14 stations in the 3730 AM WFDN group!

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »

I took a listen about an hour ago on 3730 and didn't hear anything except intermittent S9 powerline t-rash.  Either it's not on the air now, or it's not in Europe.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
ve6pg

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 04:47:50 AM »

...there it was, briefly, sometime between 6-6:20....very strong here. abt 40/9...someone on the wfdn mentioned it. i'm sure it is close to me..

..tim..

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 01:12:46 PM »

...there it was, briefly, sometime between 6-6:20....very strong here. abt 40/9...someone on the wfdn mentioned it. i'm sure it is close to me..
  ..tim..
..sk..

Yep, I heard it too, briefly. It was moderate (+20 over) here for maybe 10 seconds and then went away before I could DF it.

In contrast, the warbling slow scan sound was on there all night at a weak S9 to the NE.  So there are two separate signals.  The loud one is the one we need to focus on if it becomes a nuisance.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

ve6pg

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 01:19:07 PM »

...tom...i tuned up and down, to see if it was wandering...no go...it was parked right on freq.

..tim..

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
DMOD
AC0OB - A Place where Thermionic Emitters Rule!
Contributing

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 12:34:58 PM »

I think what I am hearing sounds very similar to a D-STAR transmission.

I have not heard any wobulator sounds in my upper midwest QTH as yet.

Last night about 11:45 cst I did hear a carrier going up and the down the 80m band from about 3.720 to 3.900 MHz and sometimes stopping on an AM QSO. At times the carier was modulating with what sounded like a two or three tone (possibly pulsed) waveform? At first I thought it might be someone tuning up with an amp pulser, but later it appeared to be intentional interference.

Phil - AC0OB

Charlie Eppes: Dad would be so happy if we married a doctor.
Don Eppes: Yeah, well, Dad would be happy if I married someone with a pulse.NUMB3RS   Smiley
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 12:46:42 PM »

Hmmm, it might be the same cat "mudulating" with a two tone generator and pulser rather than voice. 

Well you can hear 'em; I can see 'em.  Track where they go over the whole HF spectrum, not just a single band if need be.

It's a lot of fun to track them to the last stop, then ask them, oh so politely, "WTF?"
.... a lot of stuttering and denial.

Hey, even if it's the wrong guy, it's still fun  Grin

RICK  *W3RSW*
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »

In the days before the MFJ 259B antenna analyzer, you would hear fast carrier sweeps up and down the band. These were guys checking their ant swr curves using a SS ricebox.  

These days it's less frequent.  Though if you catch someone sweeping around to various QSOs to jam and then they stop at their normal watering hole to talk- that must be pretty funny to confront them, Rick. I'll bet they stop that crap real fast.  

T

W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »

Yeah, that's the intent.  To stop mindless play and keep our QSO's clean.
Uh, best we can that is....    always a blast on 3733.  Grin

RICK  *W3RSW*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015