The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:48:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ac plug measurements  (Read 15262 times)
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 09:15:13 PM »

Is it still trippin with the leenyar?

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 05:43:34 AM »

yeah,  I 'll be sittin there walking the walk and BAM OFF SHE GOES.  Cry  No problem with barefeets though and I couldnt even do that.

I got rf floating around in the room big time. That handy mod monitor you heard is rf getting into the speaker, which never happened before now. I gotz issues.  Cry  I'm not getting the pow pow pow power I used to out of the amp either. Wifey says go head and have them put in dedicated lines for myself and her needs on Tuesday. I'll get 3 or 4 20 amp 115V lines and maybe 2 220.

I tell ya what - they wont be leaving my house until I know I can blast that ghetto blaster plus a few homebrew rigs  with impunity. I'm so sick of hassles. some of them I put on myself and those I wear like a cross but not this puppy.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

It was great seeing ye agin.  Cheesy
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 07:31:20 AM »

Likewise, had a great time yesterday.  Crap, thought we had it dicked more or less.  I figured the mod monitor thing was just the speaker wire run in close proximity to the RF, was gonna re-dress it and forgot about it.

One thing to try is different combinations of those grounding STRAPS to the ground bus.  There's probably a ground loop somewhere.  You could even try disconnecting the station ground first.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »

yah I'm gonna try hooking up that STRAP back to the main ground buss and connecting back all the wires at the hole in the wall. Maybe nothing will work but it will keep me hopping until the professionals get here.

Also gonna do the first look thru of the other 75A-2, see if I see anything amiss or JS'ed  thats really obvious. I'll have the Yeasu on in the ghetto as long as I'm in there working.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 08:52:54 AM »

Good idea DERB,
Let the pros, (hopefully you are using a different contractor) get into the panel.
It's scary in there, especially as you get closer to the huge wires coming into the house.
I lived in one house that the main breaker, 200A, would not operate. I could not cut power to the panel.

Phred

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015