The AM Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:40:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turkey Day  (Read 4146 times)
KC2IFR
« on: November 25, 2009, 02:57:07 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all on the board.......

Bill
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 03:03:05 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to Bill and everyone else. I have much for which I should give thanks.

Hope to hear you on the air, once I wake up from the turkey daze!   Wink
KC2IFR
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »

Thanks Steve........I appreciate that very much....... Smiley
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 01:35:10 AM »

we are taking the day down to my dad who has been in not so hot health for a while. he's 81 now. Me and Glo are bringing 2 whole rotisserie chickens (he does not like turkey) down to his house with 2 punkin pies, kool whip-it good, Glo's most famous mashed taties, couple cans of the super sweet yellow & white corn, cranberry boss wit the hot sauce, greenorz beanorz casserole, and a big box of candy.

I personally give thanks for everyone here being kind & generous with their time and patience regarding my situation. Looks like the station is finally going to jell after a lot of false starts and dumb maneuvers on my end. I'm hoping that building my next series of transmitters will get me back in form in regards to working on gear. That side of my brain has gotten lazy and scroteless from not being used.  Cheesy

A shout out to Mr. Novice, who is serving his country in a land far away.

have a good day and make some time to get on the air. Be like this guy. He's got it all.

* radio & beer.jpg (426.05 KB, 771x978 - viewed 373 times.)
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 02:40:16 AM »

we are taking the day down to my dad who has been in not so hot health for a while. he's 81 now. Me and Glo are bringing 2 whole rotisserie chickens (he does not like turkey) down to his house with 2 punkin pies, kool whip-it good, Glo's most famous mashed taties, couple cans of the super sweet yellow & white corn, cranberry boss wit the hot sauce, greenorz beanorz casserole, and a big box of candy.

I personally give thanks for everyone here being kind & generous with their time and patience regarding my situation. Looks like the station is finally going to jell after a lot of false starts and dumb maneuvers on my end. I'm hoping that building my next series of transmitters will get me back in form in regards to working on gear. That side of my brain has gotten lazy and scroteless from not being used.  Cheesy

A shout out to Mr. Novice, who is serving his country in a land far away.

have a good day and make some time to get on the air. Be like this guy. He's got it all.

I love that poster but it says something about beer drinking hams changing to Schlitz along with Ultra High Frequency.  HAH!! Long live lowband AM!!

73 and have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving everybody!! 

AMI#1684
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:26:44 AM »

John said:
I love that poster but it says something about beer drinking hams changing to Schlitz along with Ultra High Frequency.  HAH!! Long live lowband AM!!

I liked it better when he had James Brown on there Grin HEH!

Happy Thanksgiving one and all. I hope you get the right end of the wishbone and not the receiving end of the turkey-farts.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
ka3zlr
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 08:39:58 AM »

Happy T Day Bill,

As You Know, this is the day I run afoul with Processed Fowl,.... yes, I just put in the Deer Meat Meat Loaf Basted with my brown sugar butter mix and cut Pineapple and soy sauce and Liquid Smoke and all kinds a goodies......to fill the house with the smell of cooking Meatloaf.......an the Bean Casserole... Cheesy....we will Dine promptly at 2 if anyone wants to try my Deer meat meatloaf....all are welcome and Happy T Day....

The fowl that folks eat is a product of man, and as such I dearly Enjoy avoiding it, making fun of it, pointing at it, an if folks knew how it was Manufactured killed an cleaned,,... I'd rather Boast about learning to cook un Processed un hormonal main courses.....there is an over abundance of Fat Bodies in this country....

Eat Lean.

73 OM
Jack.

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »

Tim, sounds like a FB TNXGiving indeed.

For me, the family is out visiting and we're eschewing the traditional turkey dinner for something more fitting with the locale:  lamb chops, smashed 'taters, saganaki (fried cheese), and a good ol' Greek salad.

We took a road trip yesterday to Galaxidi, a little fishing village and stopped at the ruins of Delphi on the way back.  Spectacular in all ways, and underscores how much I have to be thankful for.  Particularly that I didn't have to haul all that marble up the mountain and carve it into Ionic columns and statues  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »

I'd rather Boast about learning to cook un Processed un hormonal main courses.....there is an over abundance of Fat Bodies in this country....

I never eat anything that is good for me. Don't choke on the gizzard Grin Grin

* 055 Internal anatomy of a bird.jpg (65.36 KB, 497x368 - viewed 325 times.)

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »

John said:
We took a road trip yesterday to Galaxidi, a little fishing village and stopped at the ruins of Delphi on the way back.

Been there John. What a neat place. You could almost see the games being played at the coloseum there. Later take in some drama at the nerby ampitheater. By they way, did you get a chance to talke to the 'seer'?  Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015