The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:09:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ART-13 Power Connector...  (Read 2986 times)
k6jca
« on: November 07, 2009, 05:38:31 PM »

How do people hook up power to an ART-13 when they don't have the U-7/U power connector?  I'm about ready to tackle my ART-13 (having just got my ARR-15 companion receiver operational), and I've been looking for a power connector, but...I haven't yet found one.  Robert Downs, WA5CAB, is sold out, and the only other one that I can find is on Ebay, and the seller wants $59.99.

That's a bit too much for my wallet.  So it may be time to kludge something up.  Thoughts?  Or does anyone know another source for these connectors?

Thanks!

- Jeff, k6jca
http://k6jca.blogspot.com/
KB5MD
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 05:40:31 PM »

Yes, I would like to know that also....where? Huh
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »

fair radio  has 'em fer $64.00.....

You can haunt hamfests...
You can try using the contacts from an old tube socket...
You can try using clip leads...
You can try soldering onto the back of the connectors...
You can beg here on AmFone...

Gud luck,
klc

What? Me worry?
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »

I used contacts from several sources including banana jacks and heatshrink and then I put a big strain relief on the bundle. This "temporary" lash up was installed in 1991.

Mike WU2D

* ART13STN.jpg (388.41 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 442 times.)

These are the good old days of AM
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 07:25:29 PM »

Somewhere out on the West coast there is a company that supplies all sorts or military style connectors (Oregon, Washington).  At the moment, I don't recall the name. but they have (had) the connector in question.  There are a few guys here who are on the West coast, but it seems as if they are not familar with the company.

There is a group somewhere that deals with military gear and someone might join and post there.  You probably will get an answer.  Dennis/W7QHO is familar with military stuff and might be able to help.  He is on the AM reflector, someone might try posting there.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 11:19:58 PM »

William Perry had a few for sale at NEAR-Fest, can't recall the price but they weren't 'cheap' as in a few dollars. Think they might've been $42-$49 or thereabouts. I found mine at one of the last Hosstraders hamfests at Hopkinton, in a box under a table. Asked the guy how much he wanted, his reply was "Oh, that's one of those big connectors. The big ones are $2, the small ones are a dollar".

The list you might be thinking about Jim is probably the milsurplus list on QTH.net. I know Dennis is on there as well.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015