The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:59:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wanted to be a SW BC engineer but not with crazy nuts!  (Read 2694 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: October 30, 2009, 09:03:20 PM »

SW BC AM is a strange beacon of strange people.

WWCR 7465 KHz - 2300Z still going at 0053Z (7-8PM CST)
" American Freedom Radio"
www.arcticbeacon.com

The show is one thing, the site is even more whacko. The guy basically preaches doom and horror and apocalypse, and suggests people buy gold, and of course he is offering all kinds of supplies.. including gold and silver.

I always look for English stations, pity I don't do Spanish here in TX, since the South American DX is OK. But almost every english station I find that is not a religious show is one of these doomsayers.

Now changed freq at 8PM  (0100Z) to 3215 KHz coming in 50dB over.  I guess i'll see what the next thing is.  What is it that makes people so wierd, and gets them on the air with radio shows? It's in Tennessee.

"this is no game! this is war!".. Oh, the preacher is on now.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 02:19:30 AM »

I suppose that is why there are hams...to keep the airwaves full of interesting stuff.  Or something.... Kiss

The only real difference is there are times when someone can talk back to us via the same medium. 

IOW, the unanswered long CQ is nothing more than a SW broadcast.

Just pacing the Farady cage...
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 02:36:24 AM »

I was tuning round 75m to-night just listening.  On 3944 kHz there was a WAØ on slopbucket who made a 30 minute transmission reading aloud some rubbish about how all the political tensions that presently exist are the result of a worldwide Jesuit conspiracy. Bin Laden is in cahoots with the Pope, and Islam was invented by the RC church in the 9th century to start a war that would justify the Vatican's take-over of the world.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
VE3GZB

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:24:42 AM »

SW BC AM is a strange beacon of strange people.

WWCR 7465 KHz - 2300Z still going at 0053Z (7-8PM CST)
" American Freedom Radio"
www.arcticbeacon.com

The show is one thing, the site is even more whacko. The guy basically preaches doom and horror and apocalypse, and suggests people buy gold, and of course he is offering all kinds of supplies.. including gold and silver.

I always look for English stations, pity I don't do Spanish here in TX, since the South American DX is OK. But almost every english station I find that is not a religious show is one of these doomsayers.

Now changed freq at 8PM  (0100Z) to 3215 KHz coming in 50dB over.  I guess i'll see what the next thing is.  What is it that makes people so wierd, and gets them on the air with radio shows? It's in Tennessee.

"this is no game! this is war!".. Oh, the preacher is on now.

The only problem with freedom of speech is that some people's speech isn't worthy of freedom (like this nutbar you've found, for example).

Besides, you can't eat gold if times are tough. Better to grow your own food, have a small farm instead of worrying about gold, etc..
KE6DF

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 08:32:41 AM »

Maybe this kind of thing is going to become more common due to ageing in most advanced countries.

As the percentage of older, retired people increases, we end up with more and more people with too much time on their hands out to save the world.

On the other hand nuts with one track minds aren't new.

When I was in 6th grade, back in the early 60's, I had a teacher who was a member of the John Birch society and he spent the whole year discussing the threat of communists all day every day. The school system didn't renew his contract because our whole class ended up a year behind in math, science, reading -- but we were whizzes at current events.

Dave

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »

All speech is worthy of freedom or none is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015