The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:14:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isotron antenna DIY?  (Read 66834 times)
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2009, 06:16:56 PM »

Too band there's no way to sneak over to JJ's QTH and swap feedlines while he's inside testing so it looks like the isotron is just as good as the yagis.   You could stick a T in the yagi line with one to the yagis and two to the two test lines.  Grin     But it sure is fun to imagine his reaction   Grin

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 06:36:32 PM »

Too band there's no way to sneak over to JJ's QTH and swap feedlines while he's inside testing so it looks like the isotron is just as good as the yagis.   You could stick a T in the yagi line with one to the yagis and two to the two test lines.  Grin     But it sure is fun to imagine his reaction   Grin

I think I'd get very depressed and go into the thumb sucking fetal position for a day or two... Grin  

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 07:22:58 PM »

This is different from the usual?

I think I'd get very depressed and go into the thumb sucking fetal position for a day or two... Grin  

K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 07:37:33 PM »

Oh, the humanity.

Considering Isotron hasn't received the Nobel prize in physics since coming out with it in the 80's - nor has there been an exodus of corntesters scraping their Yagis in favor of Isotrons, I think it's safe to say I'll remain fat and happy sitting upright for a while.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »

Hey, you saw that gray box at NEAR Fest in the spring. New technology, baby and a patent to boot.
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2009, 08:47:48 PM »

Yep, we were all jealous, especially Frank.  Roll Eyes   I wonder why they didn't show up this fall?   Maybe the demand was so high they had to stay home and work?

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »

Frank has been modeling it ever since.  Grin
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »

Was it you that axed them if it were possible to get in on the ground floor of a private placement before they went $$ public - IPO...?   Grin Grin Grin    

[I hope you were wearing your channel 22 Mucas Member badge at the time to show credibility]

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »

They never replied to my inquires. Very strange.
K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:36 PM »

Funny how these miracle antennas never seem to wind up in commercial service for some reason.  Roll Eyes

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
WA1GFZ

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »

Hey now that I'm done with the moxon maybe they could send me the file for a laugh. I'm stuck on the gold plated phono plug properties. Then there was the human body model VSWR modulation.
Imagine Tom Vu waking up to see 3 of them in place of the three duces.
Right up there with my friend seeing a mountain lion in his front yard Sunday morning...about 3 miles from here.   
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2009, 03:48:35 PM »

I seem to remember seeing an article on using a tree for an antenna several years ago.  Yeah...really.   I think this concept was utilized by the military, as well.  It involved a coupling device (coil?) that wrapped around the tree trunk.  Results were claimed to be decent, in that it might have been several dB below a conventional dipole or vertical, but it provided a useable antenna.

Hmmm...wonder if it was right up there with the ISOTRON in performance?

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015