The AM Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF generators --> linear amplifiers  (Read 3872 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: September 10, 2009, 08:42:58 PM »

I might be able to obtain some solid state RF generators that are being 'junked'. Most are ENI OEM-6, a 650W unit on 13.56MHz using push pull RF MOSFETs. These have very low IMD and other noises as necessary for semiconductor manufacturing using plasma.  I am told the unit is made of a power supply, microcontroller board, oscillator, VSWR bridge, and other tidbits.

Some seem to be water cooled but that itself might not be an issue, unknown if a heatsink can be attached or not. Probably with some precision, as I suspect the cooling is to an aluminum or steel plate with a serpentine water pipe welded to it.

Others are ENI OEM-12 and RFPP RF-20S

I put in offers on the pile but don't know if they will accept it or not, or if some of them are destined for another location, but never hurts to ask.

* oem-6.jpg (47.67 KB, 400x300 - viewed 452 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 10:05:02 PM »

14.286 here you come?   Grin

John K5PRO

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 01:45:45 AM »

Patrick
I wouldn't expect them to be set up as class AB1 linear amplifiers if they were for plasma/ISM usage. In that application amplifiers are usually driven towards saturation (like class BC, C) and level control is done by varying Vdd to the devices with an adjustable regulated voltage. This is also evident in that they have the oscillator built-in. You can certainly modify those ENI amplifiers, though, if you can find schematics and derate the outpute devices accordingly.
WA4JK

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 05:40:51 AM »

I used those in my Patented Plasma plating process. They are work horses and yes you will need to water cool them. Or derate them down to about 2/3's output and heat sink them. Might be a good base for an E-Class rig..
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »

Hmm. how durable is plasma plating? gun durable?

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »

I sadly report that they are unavailable. I don't know if someone bought them out over my bids, a goode ole boy got them, or if they are being shipped out to another location along with the things they might have been hooked to. Oh well it would have been fun to play with one and see what I could do.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015