The AM Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:40:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our normal high is supposed to be 70 degrees..  (Read 6778 times)
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« on: October 10, 2009, 10:43:02 AM »

14 degrees right now. Might make the low-20s today. In spite of the warm ground, 6" of snow last night.
Yecch. 50 degrees below normal??

LaBamba will be providing supplemental heat this evening.

* snow2.jpg (33.23 KB, 400x533 - viewed 456 times.)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 10:58:02 AM »

Ah, colorful Colorado.  [blanco]

I sure miss that state.  One of my favorites, Bill - lived in Boulder, Golden and Denver.   The chicks are slim and trim.  The air is dry. The horizon is clear to 150+ miles.  [sigh]

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W8VG

Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier, Lets go have a beer!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »

Hey Bill! 

Maybe I better wax my skis anyways <grin>.

Great talking to you on 75 last nite.

Stay warm out there!

73's
Geo W8VG

Licensed in 1970, Terrace Park, Ohio
Formerly WN8HVG, WB8HVG, DA1EV, AA8PF
Colonel, Signal Corps, USA (Ret)
ka3zlr
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

Hi Bill

52 in the Burgh here cloudy rainy yucky....Good Day for sum beef stew or a good bowl a Soup..an a slice of Pumpkin Pie... Smiley

Jack.

Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 07:48:36 PM »

There's a new Chicago style Hot Dog- Beef-Pizza-Gyros drive-in opened in a nearby town...That's what we porked out on last night. One beer with dinner and I was toast after that. Baked. Chicago - crust 'za loaded with olive oil, Hot Italian sausage, baked in a black pan. Or thin cracker crust baked Chicago bar pizza. And a Schiltz. Or a Peroni.

You New Yorkers don't have a clue about pizza. Not a bloody clue.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 09:59:16 PM »

Bill said:
Or a Peroni.

That Bierre Peroni is rot-gut stuff. Last time I drank that I left most of it in the Bay of Naples,......... along with half my stomach!  Tongue

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 11:25:58 PM »

October is supposed to be our driest month of the year.  But this year, it's been rain, rain, rain.  Just like most of April, May, July and three solid weeks of daily rain in September. 

Farmers' crops are moulding and rotting in the fields because they can't get their heavy equipment through the loblolly mud to harvest.  I am struggling to get that last wall of the shack repaired and painted before November monsoon season sets in for good.  I had anticipated  being finished with this phase of the project by July, and be doing some much-needed repairs on the house by now.  Looks like the house will have to wait till next year, and I'll be lucky to reach a stopping point with the shack this season.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »

unseasonably cool and wet here.  The camp up north was flooded a couple of times due to the rain. That hasn't happened in the 10yrs we've been going.

Where the heck is all this Global Warming?Huh  I was looking forward to enjoyoing Christmas in my shorts... Smiley

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
K1MVP
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »

14 degrees right now. Might make the low-20s today. In spite of the warm ground, 6" of snow last night.
Yecch. 50 degrees below normal??

LaBamba will be providing supplemental heat this evening.

Was there back in 62 at Lowry AFB,(long gone).
Worked for HP in the late 60`s early 70`s in Loveland Colo.(50 miles north of Denver) and the
weather was great as I recall,--a bit "cool" in the winter but dry and the snow seemed to stay
up in the mountains.
If it did snow in Denver, the sun would melt it real fast as I recall, and by afternoon downtown
Denver was "clean" in the afternoon.
I guess weather patterns have changed even out West.

73, K1MVP

kz0e

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 08:29:35 PM »

Olive oil in the crust?  OK Bill, where is it?

I'll never forget JG's, Pizza Palace, one other place I cant remember the name of in good ol' East Hartford when I was a kid, all with Greek owners that looked like they never slept. Swimming in olive oil, must have been whole milk mozzarella too. Man, those were good, always burned my mouth biting in too soon.

Good thing I've got homemade hot-wings in the oven.

Larry,
Longmont/Lafayette CO

There's a new Chicago style Hot Dog- Beef-Pizza-Gyros drive-in opened in a nearby town...That's what we porked out on last night. One beer with dinner and I was toast after that. Baked. Chicago - crust 'za loaded with olive oil, Hot Italian sausage, baked in a black pan. Or thin cracker crust baked Chicago bar pizza. And a Schiltz. Or a Peroni.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »

OPEC monster came on for the first time this morning. We still had a few windows opened an inch or so.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 10:12:31 PM »

I just fired up the little heater in the shack for the first time. Low tonight will go down to 40 in teh Shenandoah Valley.

Stars are out like crazy. Think I will cover up a bit and take the scope outside for some Jupiter watching. Hopefully some progress of
cleaning and organizing the bench too.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »

It's warm in the summer. Then it gets cooler in the fall and even colder in the winter. Then it gets a little warmer in the spring.
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 08:54:14 PM »

We are right about on average for this time of year here in Verminmont (within 3 deg F)...
Still seems to darn early though...

Expecting 1-3 inches of snow tonight, 1-2 tomorrow......
That won't last a day though, too warm, mid 20's at night, but mid 40's during the day.

Can't wait for Spring  Grin

flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 09:47:17 PM »

We are right about on average for this time of year here in Verminmont (within 3 deg F)...
Still seems to darn early though...

Expecting 1-3 inches of snow tonight, 1-2 tomorrow......
That won't last a day though, too warm, mid 20's at night, but mid 40's during the day.

Can't wait for Spring  Grin

Darn early is a polite way to put it. I hope we're not locked into this and it gets back to the 60's. We're three weeks earlier for the colder WX than last year. Glad we're heating with pellets and have that extra ton.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 10:03:49 PM »

Olive oil in the crust?  OK Bill, where is it?

I'll never forget JG's, Pizza Palace, one other place I cant remember the name of in good ol' East Hartford when I was a kid, all with Greek owners that looked like they never slept. Swimming in olive oil, must have been whole milk mozzarella too. Man, those were good, always burned my mouth biting in too soon.

Good thing I've got homemade hot-wings in the oven.

Larry,
Longmont/Lafayette CO

LOL, Larry! Good to meet you.

The place is called "Chicago's Best", 2250 N. Main Street in Longmont. East side of Main St.
Yes, it is run by local Cheeseboiger Greeks. Got all the good Windy City grub...Vienna dogs, Italian Beef and sausage, pizza, gyros, fish Fridays, terrific burgers, Greek salads, I think they even have Philly cheesesteak sammiches. Thank God for my cholesterol meds.

-bill

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 11:32:45 PM »

85 degrees here in SV yesterday, not a cloud in the sky.  And the Greeks here will kick your ass if you try and order a "jie-ro".

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015