The AM Forum
May 19, 2024, 09:23:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Traveler  (Read 1759 times)
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« on: September 16, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »

I travel far and wide for my living and I'll be coming to a city or town near you soon, kind of. This fall I'll be in Pennsville, NJ for a month starting September 21 and on to Brussels Belgium until the end of the year. I don't think we have any members here from Belgium but if you live near Pennsville and want to show off your station, I would love to see it. Come to think of it Henk PE1MPH up in Dokkum, Holland isn't to far at all from Antwerpen (Antwerp) my ultimate destination. I might be able to catch a train to someplace close. Hello Henk?

What do you think? Calling CQ Southern New Jersey, Northern Delaware, Greater Philadelphia area.

Mike
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 11:05:12 PM »

Sounds like fun, Mike. You'll definitely have to poke up some of the Europeans while you're over there and see if you can work AM back this way. You'll be there during prime winter conditions.

Since you'll be in NJ in October, why not come see us all at NEAR-Fest in southern NH? The 'fest is the 16th-17th and we always have a good AM turnout. We seem to spend more time eating, drinking, and talking these days, but you never know when something interesting will show up under a table or in the back of someone's car. Found a genuine Hammarlund SP-600 cabinet last spring for a whopping $20.  Grin

Drop me a note if you can come up and I'll get a pass sent to you. Would be great to finally meet you.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 11:22:25 PM »

Yes, Henk and Arie, PA4AR (talked to him on 40 meters within the last week). We also have PA0AM and PE1PAL as  members. PA0AM has never posted. PE1PAL has and was logged in just yesterday.

I travel far and wide for my living and I'll be coming to a city or town near you soon, kind of. This fall I'll be in Pennsville, NJ for a month starting September 21 and on to Brussels Belgium until the end of the year. I don't think we have any members here from Belgium but if you live near Pennsville and want to show off your station, I would love to see it. Come to think of it Henk PE1MPH up in Dokkum, Holland isn't to far at all from Antwerpen (Antwerp) my ultimate destination. I might be able to catch a train to someplace close. Hello Henk?

What do you think? Calling CQ Southern New Jersey, Northern Delaware, Greater Philadelphia area.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015