The AM Forum
May 16, 2024, 05:25:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitored on 3892 slopbucket.  (Read 7615 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: September 08, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »

Or was this the macaroni net?

http://boingboing.net/2009/08/30/random-ham-radio-tro.html

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »

Too intelligent for 3892.

On the other hand, YOU actually spent enough time on the Web to find this! I gotta wonder OM.   Grin
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »

YOU actually spent enough time on the Web to find this! I gotta wonder OM. 

T-storms moving through.  Too much QRN to get on the radio.  Too hot, nasty and soggy to work outside.  Too much accumulation of crap piled up on the bench to work on radio projects.  Too many people sending me e-mails about weird stuff.  And this is the best job I ever had.

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »

LOL. WX sucks here too but we do need the rain.

BTW, I checked the link to the VE7KFM site. That guy sounds like the Canadian version of W2VJZ - a real whack job, eh?

YOU actually spent enough time on the Web to find this! I gotta wonder OM. 

T-storms moving through.  Too much QRN to get on the radio.  Too hot, nasty and soggy to work outside.  Too much accumulation of crap piled up on the bench to work on radio projects.  Too many people sending me e-mails about weird stuff.  And this is the best job I ever had.

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »

I don't think IRB indulged in the profanity.  I have never listened for the 14275 soap opera, but plenty has been published about it on e-Ham and QRZ.com.

Wasn't there some kind of VE7KFM-K1MAN axis some time ago?

- - -
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:53:05 PM »

Yep, just like the W2VJZ-K1MAN axis. One used to broadcast right after the other. Irb would always begin and end his broadcast with, "God Bless Glenn!!"

What a loon that guy was!
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 05:13:21 PM »

I didn't listen to much, but it sounded like a conversation on a 2M FM repeater, with beep tone and CW ID in the background.  Choice of vocabulary might not be much different than heard on 3891-92 though.

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »

- - -
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:12:21 AM »

Hey Don..who is that in the pic you posted?..the Canadian lunatic or Irb?..by the way 2 weeks ago I was within 4miles of Glens RF bunker in Belgrade..he was 40 over on LSB 3890..everyone at the outing from around there knew him VERY WELL..small world
         The reason I ask about the pic is..oh sure I've heard Irb and crew but never an actual pic..tnx for the info not so much for the pic         73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »

His callsign is KE6YDO.  I won't post any links on this site, just do a Google search under his callsign.  An outstanding example of the "new breed" of radio amateur.

He was one of the participants in the QSO recorded in the audio clip.

Nice kitchen, eh?

- - -
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 11:28:54 AM »

Looks and sounds like Irb. Just another unemployed nut job spending his days on the radio.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »

for EAD: when you're filled with oreo weirdo double stuff, you get some time in teh spotlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZd2NsO7aD4
ka3zlr
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 11:58:40 AM »

I'll vouch for the meds...man some of them they made me take were over the edge...I'm glad I'm done....pheeeuuu Roll Eyes I can understand the weirdness, but you gota toss that stuff at some point and get well.

Had the last scan last week was with Doc for last visit yesterday an no changes an no spots.I'm on my Two month Trial....I tossed all the dope they were making me take I kept my Advil for pain and the Hycadan Cough syrup an thats it...the rest out the door it went, the Liquid morphine too...man that stuff was spooky....

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 12:08:55 PM »

...by the way 2 weeks ago I was within 4miles of Glens RF bunker in Belgrade..he was 40 over on LSB 3890..everyone at the outing from around there knew him VERY WELL..small world    

Glenn's "broadcasts" on slopbucket are peeee-yiss weak here.  Just barely audible above the background noise.

He used to strap with the KW-1.  I wonder if he got rid of it, or just doesn't want to show his face on AM (I'm not complaining).

I wonder if NoBalls and crew are pissing 'n moaning as much about Glenn's broadcasts as they do about AM.  Glenn is bound to be putting more splatter on 3892 than AM'ers near 3885 would be, unless he's as pissweak in 8-land as he is here.

- - -
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »

That had to be the most ear spiting, brain hemorrhaging audio I ever heard.

As far as Irb is concerned. He's dead. I didn't agree with a lot of what he said and at times he was a pain in the ass. Just the same he's dead, end of story.   

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »

As far as Irb is concerned. He's dead. I didn't agree with a lot of what he said and at times he was a pain in the ass. Just the same he's dead, end of story. 

He might have ventured towards the lunatic fringe during his last years, but he wasn't trailer trash. Back in the 60's and 70's I used to frequently talk to him.  I didn't agree with everything about his political philosophy, but he seemed to maintain a degree of class.  Apparently, he became more eccentric with age, but I lived too far away to hear all the antics that I heard AM'ers in the northeast complaining about.  I still talked with him from time to time, but he never had much of a signal down this way.  Wonder what ever happened to his Johnson Kilowatt.

I don't think there is anything to compare between Irb and the second-hand stories I hear about that nutcase in Canada.

- - -
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 01:58:42 PM »

Hey all..I see Don..hmnnn guess there will always be a "new' circus in town complete with the ringmaster..tnx for the pic notes..I wasn't sure who you were talking about..that's why I asked having never seen Irwin..yah for sure the guy on ur original link is a nut case unlike Irb who I would place in the very far-off eccentric catagory..tnx Derbmiester for the u-tube post..makes ya rethink the Irb in a way..he had his agenda and issues but far above brain wise from the KD6 nut....oh yah I shoulda added that upon returning home later that day from Belgrade..the Baxter boy was barely readable as is the usual case down here in Southern Me..they do maintain a "landfill" area still..don't suppose the Johnson is resting there??         73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 02:02:57 PM »

Wonder what ever happened to his Johnson Kilowatt.

I only heard Irb on it once. He's was operating at FULL BORE I recall him saying in his protest of the new so called 1500 watt pep ruling.

The name he had given the Desk KW was the Empire Buster. The Empire Buster resides here at the W2PFY palace longing to be put on the air. I've done some work on it. The mod transformer is good, the plate transformer & chokes are Peter Dahl.

He was never know to have a good sounding DX 100 and from what people told me, the Desk KW was even worst. The time I heard him he sounded ok. He used to drive it with an AF 67 and used the audio from it connected to a ten watt modulation transformer to drive the grids. He didn't use the secondary of the mod transformer to couple to the grids of the 810's but had it hooked up like an auto transformer. There was no load on the secondary of the driver mod transformer. I guess it worked but to me it seemed to be a strange way to hook it up. The 4-400's are not original but the 810's have Johnson markings on them.

Maybe this one came with 4-250's It has a serial number on it but I forgot where to look for it. Irb purchased it for $50.00 from someone. Those deals aren't  around anymore.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »

Glad to hear it Jack! Hope you continue to feel well.

I'll vouch for the meds...man some of them they made me take were over the edge...I'm glad I'm done....pheeeuuu Roll Eyes I can understand the weirdness, but you gota toss that stuff at some point and get well.

Had the last scan last week was with Doc for last visit yesterday an no changes an no spots.I'm on my Two month Trial....I tossed all the dope they were making me take I kept my Advil for pain and the Hycadan Cough syrup an thats it...the rest out the door it went, the Liquid morphine too...man that stuff was spooky....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015