The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:36:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manual etc for EICO Cortina 3070 amplifier?? Help!  (Read 7707 times)
w1vtp

« on: August 04, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »

Part of my plan to modulate my EICO 720 is to use a Solid State AF Amp.  I have an EICO 3070 amplifier but it needs work.  I need a schematic -- a Google search resulted in no results.

Can anyone help me?  I think it is the amplifier that is used in the EICO 3570 too - sans tuner.

Al

PS:  No WAY that is a 40 watt / channel amp!!
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:41:14 PM »

Most ads at that time showed the power output as +\- 1db IHF power. The total RMS power (both channels driven) of this amplifier, as per the specification,  is 40 watts into 4 ohm load, 30 watts into 8 ohm load, 20 watts into 16 ohm load.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:17:17 AM »

Morn Al..heard ya the other day(75mtrs) on my "new" acquisition..the NC173..strapping ya were for sure!..anyhoo can't help directly with ur quest but...on Craigs list today for Maine in the electronics sect is a listing for several items and one of them is an Eico 3070 Cortina amp for $15..not sure whatsoever if he has the manual but it might be a working model cutting down or ur repair time..
                     Anyway the phone# is 207-400-7674   just trying to help...73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
w1vtp

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 02:44:07 PM »

Morn Al..heard ya the other day(75mtrs) on my "new" acquisition..the NC173..strapping ya were for sure!..<snip>.73 de DAVE

Would be great to hear you on 75M

Al
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:14:40 PM »

Hi Al..as strange as this comment is.."it sure would be nice to work ya too on 75"..wire has to go up 1st..and mother has to liten up the "honey-do list"..hoping the phone# I gave ya was of some value as I thought it was a bargain at $15(Portland Me area)
             Someday Al..someday and for sure b/4 the year is up the "maestro of Moose country" will issue forth!!  73 de DAVE

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 08:08:21 PM »

Hi Al,

Nice to hear you today in the mobile. I was close - too close for short skip I think around Sunapee when you heard me first. I drove by your house but you were eating. I have to get a better antenna for the car - my mini-Hustler is a toy.

Good luck on the Eico - I would suggest the more forgiving modified Heising lashup, whatever transformer you use.

Mike WU2D/Mobile

These are the good old days of AM
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »

P.S. If the amplifier is stereo, I would suggest that you modify it to run in anti-phase mode with both amplifiers swinging opposite on the transformer.  MM

These are the good old days of AM
Rob K2CU
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:39:27 PM »

Al,

Don't know if it might help, but I have a Cortina 3770 receiver and schematic. the audio output amps are simple enough, come after modular tone control/preamp boards. If you think it can help, I could easily draw it up and email the circuit to you. The amps are unipolar, that is they run on a single supply and have 2500Uf output coupling caps.  You could potentially run them in a bridge configuration and even eliminate the caps if you could balance the DC output to zero difference. 

rob
w1vtp

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 09:35:18 PM »

Dave

Thanks for the comments - I have ur # stored away safely.  Be looking for you at Near-Fester, 75 m,  etc.

Mike

OK on the Heising -- yep Planning on that what with the balanced AF xfmr.  The schem -- hookup is elsewhere on this forum.  BTW, did you see that nice looking ARC-5 receiver on ePay?  That's a lotta $$ but real nice looking

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120457613092&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Rob

Thanks for the kind offer.  I think you are right.  Hold off ' tho.  I went out and bought a second Cortina just so I could get the manual -- I'll be getting that in the mail soon, I hope.

Bridging the two channels are certainly an excellent thought.  I just have to lash up a phase inverter somewhere in the hookup. -- Unless it already comes with it.  The old ST-70 I have does have a phase inverter

Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015