The AM Forum
May 20, 2024, 08:02:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: and on the lighter side...  (Read 4812 times)
ka3zlr
« on: August 01, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »

"if these computers do get to powerful-

we can organize them into committees-

That'll do'em in"... Smiley
W4EWH

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 06:25:11 PM »

if these computers do get to powerful - we can organize them into committees - That'll do'em in... Smiley

Your suggestion is HELP I CAN"T GET ANYON absurd - the very notion that computers are powerful contradicts PLEASE COME TO MY HOU everything we know about the limits of machine intelligence.

Really, friend, you need to exOamHin eM yYou rG baOsiDc PpLrEeAmSiEse. You're sounding like an insane person.

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
ka3zlr
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 06:29:02 PM »

You cannot call anyone without getting these ring down bots,..now my bike shop is doing it...it's like look man just give me parts... Grin..I dunno.....

Jack.

AMroo
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »

Yer who does he think he is, expressing his feelings, that's it go on jump on him from a great height.
Glad the world has such guardians to keep people in their place.
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 11:22:53 PM »

if these computers do get to powerful - we can organize them into committees - That'll do'em in... Smiley

Your suggestion is HELP I CAN"T GET ANYON absurd - the very notion that computers are powerful contradicts PLEASE COME TO MY HOU everything we know about the limits of machine intelligence.

Really, friend, you need to exOamHin eM yYou rG baOsiDc PpLrEeAmSiEse. You're sounding like an insane person.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
ka3zlr
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 04:35:46 AM »

Well,... I had thought the heading was a good pretense for the punchline, for the little piece of computer humor I found...I mean it does Say "and on the Lighter Side" ...But Insanity...  "the impossibility of reason" ..where do you find this..? I got Doctors telling me I got maybe two years left.. and this Cat says I'm bordering on Insanity..LOL... Grin  That's hilarious...Man I ain't that far gone yet... Cool

Humor man..can you find the humor....it's there Trust me...LOLOL Cool

Jack.

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 05:30:09 AM »

they said I had 6 months left at best Jack. Still here afta almost 4 years. They dont really know, it's all half educated guesswork.

Get on something and stay so busy and interested on it you dont have time to think about anything else, something that engages your mind into the future time to come so strongly you dont really think about yer health issues.

It works.

KB3RRX
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 07:06:15 AM »

Never trust doctors it's all guesswork in a white coat.
And to prove my point that they know not what they are doing
Why do you think they call it a practice

Worlds best health care plan.... Avoid the doctors.

Wayne
KB3RRX
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 07:27:13 AM »

As I heard it before, there's a reason for saying that they are practicing medicine.

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
W1UJR
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »

Here is the real secret of longevity...bought my copy at the spring NEARFest....really.

ka3zlr
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »

That's the whole thing and I'll drop this, after all this Medical I've been through an I have no right to lay on anyone an I try not too...... the only way to get through is Humor...so when I find something I think the us Nerdy Hams would find funny I like to bring it in an share it,..it's nothing more than that..a little break in the action menzes.. Grin

Jack.

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »

I thought it was humorous. And there is truth to it, so the humor was well taken.

The time will come when the computer can reasonably pass a turing test. But it will still do as told. It'll be the faceless men behind it that will pull the strings of it's mind. There is where the doom is.

It will/is/ all happen so slowly no one will notice it. Look how computers are used to oppress people and reduce them to tools and objects every day. credit reports, public data, sharing of private data.

What did they call this other abomination?? Oh, ZLE - "zero latency enterprise" - something DEC was pushing with the Alpha - well it is here, now. On other platforms, whatever - Rows of racks of compters in corporate datacenters all interconnected all collecting data on where you shop and what you buy, in person and online, so that the appropriate things could be offered to you, quickly and on the spot! The concept used to scare the crud out of some of the people that were working to implement it at the time.

A "wrong thing" is also that people who don't care about me, and don't want to know me perhaps even despising me and everyone else, except as a data object in a file, are making decisions about me. Decisions that suddenly become "facts" because a computer wrote it to a file.

Gee whiz I tried to order a 18th century reproduction of a book of cat stories from "victoria trading co." for my mother's birthday and they were out of stock. But now they send me frilly catalogs of womanly things in my mailbox! ZLE Baby! They won't stop. Another entity send the catlogs for them. What can the postman think?? Geez guess I better counter that with some inquiries to Northern Hydraulics and a subscription to Military Vehicles magazine!

AARGH! I NEED HUMOR! The computer in my office "helps" me to do 10 times the work I should be able to do. Part II of that story is that the company expects 12 times as much work from me.

So the humor was appreciated in any case. So make me laugh. Make me laugh riotously till it hurts.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015