The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:29:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, the 2X4-400 rig is out of the truck and in the shack safe.  (Read 11684 times)
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 07:59:33 AM »

Now itz about time you git up offa yo dead ass and just do it! ! ! !  Wink

now just git er done! !

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:27 PM »

I'm startin in on it. Gotta re arrange the deck chairs first so I have somewhere to put the 3 racks. I have to move the workbench against the outside wall up to GLo's area. Then the racks go in that space left behind. New wheels on the racks and clean 60 years of crud off.  Then I have somewhere to put the decks as they get reconditioned/built.

I have 2 rf decks and 2 modulators to rebuild and 4 or 5 pow-pow-power supplies to build. Lotta work for anyone. Also 2 receivers to repair and a linyar to test out.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 09:19:47 PM »

Well Timmy, test out the leenyar first. Ifn it works git it in line with the FT101 and git ur station ota!!!

THEN work on the upgrades.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »

Gotta get the antenna back up as well - gonna use the bow and arrow.... this time I can do it myself.  Smiley

I will Bud.... but the racks have to be out of the way against the wall. Glo needs her space back and I promised her she'd get it. I'll put the ant back up first, then get after the amp.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »

Had the wx not had us in scramble mode, you could've had 3 more sets of hands there for ant work and whatever else. By the time we got done slogging around at Berryville and had lunch, all we could think about was getting home.   Undecided

Still looking forward to hearing some of that iron on the air. I've decided to get the 240v line in at least for the KW-1 to get that back on the air. The 32V-2 is proving too fickle these days. Once you're on along with Don, Steve, and myself, we should be able to heat up the aether down this way pretty nicely!

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »

I believe we will control the southeast and mid-atlantic with a iron fist....covered in brass knuckles! An RF wall will descend upon the eastern US...... Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015