The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:26:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: email address  (Read 6313 times)
kc2ifr
« on: July 16, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »

I find it funny that the folks that moderate this board hide there email address. Not looking for an argument....just wondering why?
I thought we are all friends and have nothing to hide..............

Bill
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »

I find it funny that the folks that moderate this board hide there email address. Not looking for an argument....just wondering why?
I thought we are all friends and have nothing to hide..............

Bill
If you look below each avatar, there is an envelope icon. You can send an email by clicking that on. You can also right click the envelope and then click on Properties to view the email address. You can also go to the members list, and click on any member, and if they have an e-mail address in their profile, you can see it.

So where's the beef  Huh You looking at QRZ  Grin

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:32:47 PM »

I find it funny Bill that you have an obsession with the people that moderate this board. Guilty of something??? For a person not trying to start anything you certainly find yourself always in the thick of it.

If you don't like it move on. Any further attacks or mention of the moderation on this site you will be removed and there will be no more crawling back.

G

Oh my email address is w2inr@amfone.net, Not hiding here

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
Ralph W3GL
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 11:50:48 PM »

Gee, he (W2INR) does exist and he has spoken  Shocked

73,  Ralph  W3GL 

"Just because the microphone in front of you amplifies your voice around the world is no reason to think we have any more wisdom than we had when our voices could reach from one end of the bar to the other"     Ed Morrow
kb3nqd
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 08:26:39 AM »

Running and/or moderating any kind of internet chat board is probably one of the most thankless chores you could undertake.  It's right up there with being an officer/board member for any type of club. 

If admins would prefer not to list their email address that is their right.  Posts here aren't hidden from bots so the email addresses that are visible can be harvested or used by hackers  Angry <This has happened to me on a forum I run>.  It's also possible that some folks simply haven't completely filled out their profile. 

I appreciate the efforts of those who run this place and understand that it's not always the easiest chore so instead of focusing on what personal details they have and have not published perhaps we should just say... "THANKS for the running the AMFone forum".

To the admin team and the owner:  "THANKS for the great community site"
kc2ifr
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 05:30:10 PM »

Gary,
Read my post again.......I was just asking a question....no more, no less. U must be reading something into my question that does not exist.
I u want to kick me off the board........believe me I will live. BUT then who the hell are u going to get your blood pressure up over?Huh??

This may be the end of me........so be it!!!!

Bill

BTW Gary.........BITE ME
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 06:12:59 PM »

Bill

The issue is not K1MAN, freedom of speech, you or me.

All we are doing is asking everyone to follow the rules. Moderation issues should be handled through PM's or emails as outlined in the rules and regs, not on the forum.

That's it, nothing more.

120 over 80 here on the BP

There seems to be some popcorn on the floor - - ---

G

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
kc2ifr
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »

LOL........
Let the show begin Grin
kc2ifr
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »

OK Gary.......understood....

Bill
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »

Gary,
It may save a lot of trouble and agravation, if when a moderator deletes a post, or entire thread, to leave behind a publically visable reason for the deletion.

Most boards I visit do just that.

Just a thought... a little one, but a thought just the same.....

Bruce G
kf1z

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »

I have seen a couple of my posts vanish. Maybe two, no more. But I don't care. It's not my machine.

I used to run a FredCit BBS back in the dim time and it was purposely anarchistic and tech/physics related. What a combo. Even so I had to delete a few posts (but none describing the results of projects..)

I sort of miss that actually. No time to do it today. I sincerely thank the operators of this system for.. umm.. operating it.

Otherwise it could decay, or malfunction, or become a den of pestilence that no one likes.

Both my black and white hats go off to those that take the time to keep this funhouse online.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015