The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:11:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody know what this fits...and does anybody need if for a restore?  (Read 5025 times)
N0WEK
Contributing

« on: August 16, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »

It fits a 2 1/4" hole, unused, 1 ma movement.

Diesel boats and tube gear forever!
K1ZJH

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »

It fits a 2 1/4" hole, unused, 1 ma movement.

Nice meter!  I don't need it for a restoration, but if no one else does, I'd be interested in it for a homebrew project.

Pete
WQ9E

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »

ART-13 transmitter; nice looking version as the meter often looks faded.

Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »

Rodger has it. It is from an ART-13. I have one just like it! Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
N0WEK
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »

I've had this one sitting around as a paperweight for several years meaning to figure out what it fit. I've got another 40 or 50 generic meters in the parts bins but this one clearly was specific to something, now I know.

I passed up an offer of two unmodified ART-13s for $450 the other day, one with tubes and the other without. I knew it was a good deal, but I've got way too many backed up projects now and I'm out of room.

If someone is restoring an ART-13 it should probably go there. The only blemish, around the top screw hole, appears that it will clean right off with the appropriate solvent.

KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »

Id sure like it for mine. I didnt even know mine was faded, thought that was normal!

Carl
KM1H

WQ9E

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 09:31:37 PM »

Carl,

Mine has only slightly faded but that one looks like it never saw the light of day.  A couple that I have seen at hamfests are just about unreadable.  The problem is if you get a meter like that you will feel the need to upgrade all of the other parts of your ART-13  Wink

Several years ago our kitchen remodel started with a simple replacement of the drawer pulls...  Perhaps if I buy a new pair of 810 tubes I would just have to find a KW-1 to wrap around them   Wink
Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
N0WEK
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 10:18:22 PM »

Id sure like it for mine. I didnt even know mine was faded, thought that was normal!

Carl
KM1H

Carl,

Looks like it's found a good home!

I'll ship it off Priority Mail tomorrow to your QRZ address (if that's good) and let you know what the shipping is (probably about $5-7.00).

Greg

KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »

Mine was an unhacked original Navy ATC version Roger. It was in home storage since the early 50's and then went into a storage rental and always in So Cal. Doesnt appear to have been used by a ham at all. I got it from the brother of the SK owner for $75 plus UPS last year. Cleaned off the dust, checked and reseated tubes, cleaned/lubed the autotune and fired it up with haywire supplies. Came right up without any problems.

I use it mainly on 17M AM & CW with occasional trips to other bands for things such as the warships event a few months ago.

Carl
KM1H
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 10:23:41 PM »

Thats fantastic Greg and a huge thanks.

QRZ is fine.

Carl
KM1H

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: