The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:54:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7160 AM - top of the hour?  (Read 10331 times)
W1VD
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 06:31:16 AM »

Called CQ at 0215Z and got an answer from Mark N8PEP near Dayton... said it may only have been his third time on AM. Running a stock rice box barefoot he put in a good sounding signal but was a little light on signal strength. Keep an eye open for him - he mentioned he was drawn to AM because of the good sounding signal and may drop by more often.         

'Tnx Fer the Dope OM'.
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 10:15:38 AM »

77 meters was in fairly good shape last evening until 0430Z Don. I worked Kansas City, MO, Winona, MN and Shinbone OH. Static and fading at a minimum for the season. The Kansas City station was running low power, weak but readable. No SSB competition. Great Fun!
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 01:17:01 PM »

You were booming in here initially Jay when I returned to the radio room after chilling a bit. Heard 'PEP mention that he wasn't big into AM and that you were only his 3rd AM contact, FB on that. He also made several comments on your great audio.

Unfortunately by the time you guys signed, your signal was dropping into the noise. I threw a call out to you but figure with only 100 watts, I was at least as low. I know I wouldn't have heard Steve at our close range. Maybe today?

...hey todd..herd u with frank on 7160...both gud sigs here...i guess about 6pm....i just finished with jim, ve3brl, on 3725, and was heading out...hope to werk ya soon...

Sorry I missed ya, Tim. Heading out there soon to call CQ for a bit. Should be some folks available today for contacts.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W1VD
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »

Yeah Todd...fickle forty strikes again. 59+ one minute gone the next. Planning to hang out on 40 most of the evening...Tstorms permitting.

'Tnx Fer the Dope OM'.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015