The AM Forum
May 20, 2024, 01:55:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cushcraft Tech Support  (Read 2412 times)
flintstone mop
Contributing

« on: June 26, 2009, 04:22:16 PM »

Hello
I was wondering if there are any humans I can email or phone, to get a handle on what I need to repair my A3S Yagi and remove the 40M option?
The website offers a tab for Amateur antennas and a way to order but not to get to a tech support. Or maybe I'm missing something. I'm getting my ducks in a row for re-build, repair, crane truck, rotator, climber, etc etc.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »

This is listed on their web site:
Amateur Radio Antenna Sales
United States (global support)
+1-603-627-7877
They might be able to steer you to a techie person.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »

THanks Pete
I'll give them a call on Monday

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 12:13:21 AM »

Pete, I like your radiometer avatar. I like radiometers so much I did one in MEMS and I want a giant one in my back yard. but back to the topic.

Some times manufacturers don't make their human being phone #'s too obvious.
We got a online tech help URL thing at work. For customers and anyone else, all questions welcome.
So, the right kind of question is routed to the expert person's e-mail inbox. Ok fine. 250 engineers.. no real problem.

But every single day, customers, students, parts brokers, and hobbyists, who fear a delay or being ignored by using the impersonal online system, call the main front desk number and tell the receptionist they want to talk to an engineer. There are several each day. Keep in mind the receptionist is there to 'receive'.. she does not have a clear idea what we all do, really, except that we, as a whole, make something called "semiconductors". I can imagine her difficulty at these calls.

Unfortunately while making smalltalk with receptionist, she asked what I did. To my eternal regret I told her I was an engineer.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 07:03:51 AM »

Patrick signed:
The missing rectifier has been replaced with a small gnome. The gnome is non-conductive and does not do anything. Or is that just what it wants you to believe?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 01:09:31 AM »

Patrick signed:
The missing rectifier has been replaced with a small gnome. The gnome is non-conductive and does not do anything. Or is that just what it wants you to believe?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

after seeing that diathermy rig where the guy socketed the gnome.. and then claimed it did nothing. very suspicious if you ask me. 8-)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015