The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:13:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Then the morning comes...  (Read 2623 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: June 24, 2009, 02:45:18 AM »

I found a set of 4 HD+++ ball bearing caster wheels at the flea, and the job for today is installing them on the wrinkle wrack where the future derb HB rig will reside. This will involve drilling 16 1/4" holes in the bottom and installing 16 1/4" S.S. cap screws, locks, and nutz.  Undecided

Not looking forward to this as vibrations from power tools can set me off so I have to get really stoned first.  Shocked

Glad when its done.

WQ9E

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 07:41:59 AM »

Tim,

Look into some anti-vibration gloves.  If you have a dedicated industrial supplier nearby they will have them, if not Grainger is a good source:  http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/categories/safety/ergonomics/anti-vibration-gloves

These type of gloves are well worth it to anyone using high-vibration equipment like hammer drills or garden tillers and in particular if you are highly sensitive to vibration.

Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »

DERB
Please consider looking into a prescription for really good Mary Jane. It may help with the trigger mechanism.
There's a druggist on the left coast that is legally in business and they have all types of great stuff.
Do you like a laid back high? Do you like an active high? The USA has cultivated some very high quality stuff that rivals Acapulco Gold.

Phred

Fred KC4MOP
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »

really dont wanna smoke Phred. maybe hash brownies?  Cheesy These casters are ball bearing very nice...especially for 75 cents each.

* P1010057.jpg (292.03 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 286 times.)
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »

WOW those are really BIG Ball bearings. My RA250 would ride on those real nice.

Phred

Fred KC4MOP
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »

to bad the wheels themselves don't have BBs but having BB swivels will help considerably when moving the rack around.   I have the same wheels.  Finding inexpensive castors with BBs on both the swivel and wheel is hard and usually they're big in size.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »

this going on a medium sized rack, a little too big to be a tabletop, a little too small to be a floor. the wheels are actually oversized for the job, but they damn sure will never break.  Wink

I had thought it was a 36", but now I'm not so sure.  I need to measure it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015