The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:57:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WX is FBOM  (Read 5761 times)
WA1GFZ

« on: April 25, 2009, 11:58:39 AM »

Let's hope it is this nice next weekend.
Lunch break over now to play antennas after work is done.
W1JS

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »

Low 80's and sunny here in NH today.  Hopefully there will be some left over for next weekend.   Grin

73 de
W1JS
Jack
No. Weare NH
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 03:41:35 PM »

Into the 80s even in the mountains here in Western Maryland.

Took the opportunity to go down into the gulch and replace my coass.  Also found a tree fell on one end of the antenner.

The episode reminded me a bit of Bear's recent adventure, although with the added twist of having to crawl thru briar patches all over the place down there.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WA1GFZ

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 04:14:47 PM »

I just noticed a hunk of thorn in my arm from last weekend.
almost as fun as the stream bank mud
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 06:34:34 PM »

I found about eight big ticks crawling on me throughout the evening last night.   The bastards are out in full battle mode right now.

I'm working in the field trying to cob together two more 2el 40M Yagis outa scrap aluminum tubing left over from years of recycling old projects.  Johnny, that big 10-20M log you saw is getting morphed into a new life.  That's the one that slid down the tramline and spiked itself into the ground, caw mawn.  It's a hard life these days for antennas at JJ radio, ya know.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 07:39:29 PM »

That log was teh kool, but glad it's got a new life.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 08:08:37 PM »

83 at the moment but topped out at 96 earlier. Too hot too soon! Cool
WA1GFZ

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 11:54:53 PM »

I got a little sun burn working in the garden. Almost beach WX.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 03:27:48 AM »

all the ac units got energized today for the first time.
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 07:25:16 AM »

I waited all winter for decent warmth to sit outside, ride around with the winders down and look at all the redbud. Wonderful !

After living up north for to many years, the last thing I'll turn on is the AC.  ... but July will be another matter, heh, heh.

Sue's from Baltimore and tells me of many years sweatin' the summers, nights roasting in upstairs hothouse, window fans roaring with little effect, etc.  Hard to belive how we used to live.

I've always said that if general and cheap power dissapears from the south (for whatever reason) there'd be a stampede of people moving back north so fast the the planet would tilt !

Even the snowbirds living in Fla. only in the winters keep the AC on all summer with no one there or else the inside of their condo's would turn green instantly.  Most of those boxes and newer construction don't have natural air circulation, wide verandas, shielding porches and stuff to deal with high humidity.

RICK  *W3RSW*
ab3al
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 07:55:52 AM »

working on moving my henry collection to the basement. finally gonna finish off a corner. hope to be able to operatea a little coller this year.  and getting the shack off the 3rd floor should make things esier.  just waterproofed the block with oil based drylock.  great stuff but smells like hell.  My dumb ass ended up checking the wife and i into a hotel for the weekend
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 10:03:36 AM »

your aren't so dumb...
look at all the fun you would have missed if you hadn't gone to the motel...  Grin

RICK  *W3RSW*
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »

my henry collection

you got enuff henry amps to all it a collection? Howz about some pix when you get time? I'd like to see that, I would.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 12:20:25 PM »

WX was HOT yesterday, high 80's here. The back of my neck looks like a Lobsta...

All the windows and doors are open, and the fresh air is running through the house nicely.

The inlaws from Maine are down,  and are a bit taken aback by how hot it is here compared to up north.(only two n 1/2 hrs driving time).

My bro-law asked If I could talk to his buddy on my 'CB" Roll Eyes 

When I opened the doors to the shack he was a little quiet and then said, that's not you average CB...  we had a good laugh and I fired up the R-390A and showed him just What I could dial in. (AM, amatuer and SW broadcasts were rolling in. ) 

I doubt he'll become a ham, but he's got a little better idea of Whirl Wide now.

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015