The AM Forum
May 16, 2024, 11:33:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone familiar with National NC-100XAM receivers?  (Read 2336 times)
KB1OKL
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:49:48 PM »

I need a schematic, I just bought one, it's in real nice cosmetic and mechanical shape, it's a variant of the NC-100XA receiver, was supposedly made for the Navy, is a rack mount, this one is ser # 13, made in 1940. I can't find a schematic for it and it's at least superficially very different from an XA, although the main tag says XA. There is no info in Raymond Moore's book although it's mentioned. It has one 6F6, if transformers are in different places, has 4 4 mf cans instead of two, looks like a 5Z3 rectifier, only has 10 tubes. I found an old thread in which Bear said he restrung an NC-100XA which I assume would be the same as this one (5 bands: .54-30Kc), this one needs it too, is there some kind of diagram anywhere? it's for moving the dial pointer up and down to indicate which band it's on and is moved by the catacomb knob (I think)
I think it was supposed to use a field coil speaker, (not sure though) do I need to throw a power resistor or a choke across that or can I use it as is?
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »

It's the navy designated RAO.  Came in different suffixes, depending upon extra RF stage, S-meter, etc.

BAMA has the RAO-2 schematic which should get you close.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
KB1OKL
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:00:52 PM »

Thanks, it's also very close to the NC-100ASD except for the range, I can't open the file for RAO-2 so can't comment on that one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015