The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:49:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heathkit DX-60 update, (or The Lord Giveth... The Lord....)  (Read 2137 times)
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« on: March 20, 2009, 05:04:56 PM »

Well, My sweet little stock DX-60 (serial number 103 according to the front panel inscription, built by Stanely L. Bradley in April 1962 according to the permanent marker notes on the chassis), was on the air from Monday morning @ 4:30 am CDT till about 4:30 am CDT today, Friday morning.  I had *JUST* figured out where the audio settings should be for great reports.  Jeff, W0XV was my last contact and he was amazed that I was on a stock DX-60.  She was sounding top shelf. 

Mode switch.  Yep, a total of 4 solid 24 hours had come and gone and now she won't kick in the HV in tune/AM/CW.  It was a gradual situation where I saw it develop over about 10 turns of the switch.  First, she wouldn't kick in on the Tune setting without a little wiggle.   Then, ditto on AM and ditto on CW.   I don't think it's actually "zorched".  It's contacts are probably worn out of position, but this has definitely prompted me to pull it out of it's cubby hole operating position and onto the bench. 

PTT mods here we come.  *sigh*  I knew it would come but jeeze, THIS SOON!?  I wasn't able to get it on the sweet little Saturday morning Texohma Traders net for the entire gang in the central south to hear. 

C'est la vie.

This is KX5JT... presently making a list for Mouser.

AMI#1684
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015